logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: more compatible binary of apache 2.2.4
Author
zaphodbb

PostPosted: Mon 29 Jan '07 23:32    Post subject: more compatible binary of apache 2.2.4 Reply with quote

Hi,

I cannot install the VC++2005 Version of apache on by usb-stick since I cannot install the VCR80 when I am using another computer.

Does anybody know about a more compatible version of apache 2.2.4 which is build against VCR71.

It is really a pitty, that you are using VCR80. So apache 2.2.4 is the first version which does not run on the computers I use since apache 1.3. I have 4 GB of open source software on my usb-stick which runs on any computer as long as it has NT4, Win2000, XP, Win2003 Server etc. installed. None of these packages makes so many problems.

I wonder, why you tried so hard to make using apache on windows so difficult.

zaphodbb
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 29 Jan '07 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

on blackdot.be you can find a portable version Wink

http://www.blackdot.be/?inc=apache/mobile
tdonovan

PostPosted: Tue 30 Jan '07 2:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 8.0 runtime has some performance advantages over 7.1 and earlier, but it's true that Microsoft doesn't make it as easy to use as the earlier versions.

I've had good results doing this:
    Install the correct (version 8.0.50727.762) libraries from http://www.apachelounge.com/download/vcredist_x86-sp1.exe.

Copy WinSXS\manifests\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700.manifest
      to both the Apache \bin and \modules directories.

Copy WinSXS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700\msvcr80.dll
      to both the Apache \bin and \modules directories.
I've been able to copy this Apache tree and run it on Win2000, WinXP, and Win2003. I don't know about NT4 - but I doubt it.
I wasn't using a USB drive - but these were systems without the VC runtime installed.

It's a shame to duplicate the library in both \bin and \modules which wastes about 600kb - but I found that I needed to do so if the runtime wasn't installed on the system.

Of course, if performance isn't an issue for you and you don't need SSL, you could use the regular Apache Windows binary instead of the Apache Lounge build.
This one only needs msvcrt.dll.

-tom-
zaphodbb

PostPosted: Tue 30 Jan '07 3:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tom,

I followed your instructions, and it worked fine on a vanilla Win2k-Machine but not on WinXP.

I always get the following message:

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

zaphodbb
tdonovan

PostPosted: Tue 30 Jan '07 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies - I forget to note that you must rename the x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700.manifest file
to Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest in both the Apache \bin and the \modules directory after you copy it.

Hope this helps.

-tom-

Reply to topic   Topic: more compatible binary of apache 2.2.4 View previous topic :: View next topic