logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Network Shares on Win2K Server
Author
ryanegt

PostPosted: Thu 01 Mar '07 0:14    Post subject: Network Shares on Win2K Server Reply with quote

I am running Windows 2K Server and was having trouble accessing network shares with apache. I've mapped a drive letter to the particular share, and have given the apache service the user account which accesses the share. I have tried both creating an alias using the network drive and a virtual host using the network drive as the document root. In both instances I receive a 403 Forbidden error (you do not have permission to access /dir/ on this server).

I've slogged through permissions on both the apache machine and the network share machine. What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated.

Ryan
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 01 Mar '07 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to set permission to a folder outside your htdocs.

e.g.

Code:

Alias /bla/ "K:/bla"
<Directory "K:/bla">
    Options Indexes MultiViews
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Reply to topic   Topic: Network Shares on Win2K Server View previous topic :: View next topic