logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.4 + scandinavian letters
Author
kartsa67

PostPosted: Tue 13 Mar '07 10:42    Post subject: Apache 2.2.4 + scandinavian letters Reply with quote

My server shows all letters right on a html site, but the major problem is in forms and scands. Inputting some data without scands in the form, data is saved right in the superglobal, like forexample $_POST[foo].

But when I input scands like "ä, ö" (a and o with dots), they are not saved in the $_POST[foo]. Forexample: I write 'Jyväskylä' in a form. Result is 'Jyvskyl' or sometimes 'Jyv?skyl?'.

I get right result if I use enctype="multipart/form-data" attribute in the form data?? Weird...

This problem does not occured when I used Apache 2.0..

My server conf is:

Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.4 OpenSSL/0.9.8d PHP/5.2.2

Br,

-Kari-

P.S I tried search answer for the problem in this forum, but never found it Smile
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 13 Mar '07 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Kari,
did you use the same scripts? I use Apache 2.2.4 and PHP 5.2.1 and on my server ä ö ü ß works fine. I don't know about PHP 5.2.2, because it is not released yet. Sure that you use 5.2.2?
Sometimes it depends on the doctype you set in the html document.
Code:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

Did you tried different browsers?
kartsa67

PostPosted: Tue 13 Mar '07 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

What You meant that: "did You use the same scripts??" Sorry I don't understand that.. but, yes I have that meta tag in my headers, and I have tried Opera, Firefox and IE. Everyone of those browsers does same problem.

Ou.. isn't PHP 5.2.2 released!!! Well, that line is found in my Apache log Very Happy

-Kari-
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 13 Mar '07 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

kartsa67 wrote:
What You meant that: "did You use the same scripts??" Sorry I don't understand that..

Did you use the script you used with the earlier version of Apache (and maybe older PHP)?
kartsa67

PostPosted: Tue 13 Mar '07 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did.. Well I started minding my version of PHP, and yes - it's truly ver. 5.2.2??? So, I download ver 5.2.1 and changed it in my server. But it did not helped Sad Secondly I changed php.ini to a default version which came with PHP, and miracle was happeded Very Happy IT'S WORK!!!??

Well, there might be some errors in earlier php.ini and them repaired while changing the php.ini... I think?? but anyway - thousand thanks for You James Blond because You helped me for this problem!!

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.4 + scandinavian letters View previous topic :: View next topic