logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache and Dreamweaver!
Author
cheiro

PostPosted: Fri 16 Mar '07 3:53    Post subject: Apache and Dreamweaver! Reply with quote

Hey all Very Happy

I am new, not only to this forum, but to apache as a whole!
I come in search of knowledge (in the form of advice!)

I have recently installed Apache on my system - though I also use Dreamweaver to construct HTML. Whenever I attempt to view php scripts through Apache in my browser, Dreamweaver jumps in and opens the php file itself, of course making it impossible for me to view any output on the web server. It may be the most basic thing in the world - but could someone please explain to me how I might change my settings so that Apache alone can be used for this purpose??

With many thanks...
tdonovan

PostPosted: Fri 16 Mar '07 4:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you view php scripts in your browser, make sure you request it as a URL like http://localhost/test.php , so it goes through the Apache web server.

Don't request it as a file name like C:\Apache2\htdocs\test.php, lest it get opened directly as a file (and intercepted by Dreamweaver).

-tom-
cheiro

PostPosted: Fri 16 Mar '07 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks tom... I'll give that a go! Embarassed
cheiro

PostPosted: Sat 17 Mar '07 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again...

I've posted the file names as a URL as advised, yet my browser just comes up with 'web page unavailable offline' - and brings up no file. Perhaps I have something wrong?? ... I am running Apache as a service, and that all seems functional. Are my Apache files wrongly saved in windows 'program files' folder? I am using 'localhost' within the URL, and the filenames are all correct. I am also requesting the 'work offline' option in the 'file' tab of my internet explorer browser.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Shocked
tdonovan

PostPosted: Sat 17 Mar '07 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you want to un-check the Work offline option.

"Work offline" means the browser should work with files it has saved. "Online" means request files from a web server (like Apache).

-tom-
cheiro

PostPosted: Sat 17 Mar '07 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Tom.

I'm sorry to be a pain - but I've un-checked the 'work offline' tab yet my browser still cannot retrieve the apache files. I'm thinking too that apache would tell me if there were a problem with it's end of the process??

cheiro

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache and Dreamweaver! View previous topic :: View next topic