logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Adding my own module
Author
db1981

PostPosted: Tue 05 Jun '07 8:53    Post subject: Adding my own module Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I'm experiencing some problems in adding my own module to Apache. First, let me say that I'm developing under Vista (this means no Dev-C++ but Visual C++ only, there exist problems with MinGW under Vista) and I want to make it working with Apache 2.2.4 (bins downloaded from apache.org). THe point is, I'm building the module against the include files inside the Apache dir, but in the end when adding finally the module I get the (in)famous message "Can't locate API module structure etc. etc. etc.".
This means I have to rebuild the whole Apache with my module?

Thanx
tdonovan

PostPosted: Tue 05 Jun '07 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

re: "This means I have to rebuild the whole Apache with my module? "

No, you should not need to rebuild Apache.

The message indicates that Apache cannot find the entry point in your module which is defined by:
Code:
module AP_MODULE_DECLARE_DATA your_module = {
    STANDARD20_MODULE_STUFF,

In Visual C++, make sure you have the following preprocessor definitions when you build you module:
    NDEBUG
    WIN32
    _WINDOWS

The 'stock' Apache binaries from apache.org are built with Visual C++ 6.0, so you will want to use VC6 to build your module.
FYI - the Apache binaries available here on Apache Lounge are built with Visual C++ 2005 (i.e. VC8), so you could build your module with either VC6 or VC8 if you use this one.
If you choose to use the Apache Lounge binaries, save the contents of your existing 'stock' \include and \lib directories because the Apache Lounge 2.2.4 binaries do not install these.

-tom-

Reply to topic   Topic: Adding my own module View previous topic :: View next topic