logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: JPEG's not displaying
Author
MrBob

PostPosted: Mon 26 Mar '07 22:39    Post subject: JPEG's not displaying Reply with quote

I'm setting up a site for my wife's photography business. She has many images on the site in JPEG format. Most will display only part of the photo. I tracked it down, & it seems to be related to the file size. Those around 75k load just fine. Anything 180k+ either doesn't load or loads only partially.

I tried:
EnableMMAP off
EnableSendFile off
Win32DisableAcceptEx

None of these had an effect. Any other ideas?

-MrBob
tdonovan

PostPosted: Tue 27 Mar '07 0:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much info to work with here... but lots of people serve big .jpg's using Apache 2.2.4 on Windows 2000/2003/XP
- either the version available here at Apache Lounge (built with Visual C++ 2005) or the Windows binary from httpd.apache.org (built with Visual C++ 6.0).

Win32DisableAcceptEx was the most likely fix.
Check that it prints "Disabled use of AcceptEx() WinSock2 API" in logs\error.log to be sure it is really being processed.

Nothing in logs\error.log?
Does the size of the response shown in logs\access.log match the .jpg file size, or does it seem closer to the portion of the image you actually get?

If you run a browser on the same machine and request http://localhost/something.jpg does it display fully?
If so - the problem may be with something downstream from Apache, like your router or service provider.

Another thing to try; use something other than a browser.
You can get the wget program for Windows from the GNU Windows32 library and try retrieving a .jpg into a file with wget.
Then check the size of the retrieved file vs. the original .jpg. If is the correct size, you will know that Apache is delivering all the data
- so the problem is probably mime-types, headers, etc. instead of data truncation.

-tom-
MrBob

PostPosted: Tue 27 Mar '07 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually using 2.0.59 on WinXP from httpd.apach.org.

I'll check logs\error.log for the AcceptEx line, but saw nothing else to indicate a problem.

I'll have to look @ access.log.

A browser on the same machine doesn't display fully, checked that.

Will do on wget.

Thanks for the tips. Smile

-MrBob
Jorge

PostPosted: Tue 27 Mar '07 7:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using any output filters? mod_deflate? others?
MrBob

PostPosted: Tue 27 Mar '07 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod_deflate is commented out in httpd.conf.

I upgraded to Apache 2.2.4 & the problem persists.

Win32DisableAcceptEx is functioning - saw it in the log; wget shows that I'm getting the full file size, so that seems to indicate a MIME or header issue.

I'm clueless, where do I look for those sorts of issues? Question

-MrBob
tdonovan

PostPosted: Tue 27 Mar '07 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try wget again, this time with the -d switch.

This will show you the details of the dialog with your server.

Did your Apache logs\access.log show the correct length when you get a partial jpg via a browser?
Is it different when you use wget?

The browser menu [Tools] [Page info] in Firefox might shed some light on the problem.
The Type should be image/jpeg and the Size should be the correct number of bytes.
IE has [File] [Properties], but this doesn't show as much.

-tom-
MrBob

PostPosted: Tue 27 Mar '07 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

After trying it in Firefox & seeing it work, I realized I hadn't cleared my cache since the Apache upgrade. Rolling Eyes All is well now! Very Happy

Thanks for the help.

-MrBob

Reply to topic   Topic: JPEG's not displaying View previous topic :: View next topic