logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache2.2 PHP4.4.2: The specified module could not be found
Author
macraman

PostPosted: Fri 24 Feb '06 16:21    Post subject: Apache2.2 PHP4.4.2: The specified module could not be found Reply with quote

Hello

I had Apache 2.0.x installed and have now upgraded to 2.2. I had Php 4.4.1 installed and upgraded to 4.4.2.

Steffen, I found your sapi filter and copied it to my PHP sapi directory, but when I start apache it references the sapi module (with the correct path to the module) and warns me that "The specified module could not be found."

I've tried a number of things, including moving the dll (and the vc++ stuff) to c:\php and referencing it from there and moving my php.ini file around (from c:\windows to the php directory).

I still can't get it to work. I'm now busy downloading your compiled of apache 2.2 to see if that will work. Does anyone perhaps have any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

Thanks for your time
Paul
macraman

PostPosted: Fri 24 Feb '06 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished installing Steffen's HTTPD 2.2. No joy....
Steffen

PostPosted: Fri 24 Feb '06 17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should work with the php4apache2.dll here at the download page.
And follow exactly the instaruction in the Readme file.

Any more info in the error.log ?

Not mixing up with your old 4.4.1 ?

Steffen
macraman

PostPosted: Fri 24 Feb '06 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steffen

No, I'm not confusing it with php411. I just managed to get it partly working by adding the php and apache directoryies to my system path... this wasn't necessary in the apache 2.0.x and php411 environment.

I can get it working from the command prompt by running httpd, but if I try starting the service it fails with "The requested operation has failed".

Windows event log doesn't have anything useful in it, and httpd log has not been created (it is created when I run httpd from the command prompt).

Steffen, I have to run now, but I'll check back over the weekend or on Monday. Have a good one, and thanks for the help.

Regards
Paul
pnllan

PostPosted: Sat 25 Feb '06 0:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac,

You said initially, that you 'copied it to my PHP sapi directory'.

Did you copy ONLY the one file?

or

Did you copy over the ALL (files and folders) contents of Steffen's PHP ZIP file?

The way PHP is compiled, you have to use the full set of files. You cannot pick and choose which files you want to use because PHP components (binaries, libraries, modules, etc....) are dependent on the specific version of Apache they built against.
macraman

PostPosted: Sun 26 Feb '06 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pnllan

Yeah, I copied everything into the sapi directory.

This doesn't seem to be a widespread problem so I reckon I'm stuffing somthing up. Perhaps I should uninstall everything and re-install.

I'm at home at the moment so I reckon this is what I'll do first-thing tomorrow.

Thanks the help so for guys. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow.

Paul
macraman

PostPosted: Sun 26 Feb '06 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused

It's Sunday and I spent the better part of Friday trying to get this to work. I just downloaded Apache and the sapi dll, uninstalled 2.0.55 and installed 2.2. It all worked perfectly first time. I'm officially annoyed!

As I mentioned in my previous post, I'll uninstall everything and try it again. Perhaps my world was just out of sync on Friday.

Thanks for the assistance, I'll let you know.

Paul
macraman

PostPosted: Mon 27 Feb '06 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I reinstalled and everything is fine.... grrrrrr....
pnllan

PostPosted: Mon 27 Feb '06 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great News Paul!
spurious

PostPosted: Fri 14 Apr '06 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible solution without reinstalling:

run go-pear.bat (and follow the instructions)

Add C:\php to your PATH environment variable

Edit php.ini
extension_dir = "./ext/"

restart your machine

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache2.2 PHP4.4.2: The specified module could not be found View previous topic :: View next topic