logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache2 and PHP5 problem (php5apache2.dll crashing Apache?)
Author
geoffreymarshall

PostPosted: Fri 14 Apr '06 6:44    Post subject: Apache2 and PHP5 problem (php5apache2.dll crashing Apache?) Reply with quote

Hola,

I'd set up a localhost environment for PHP development (Apache2 and PHP5) which worked for weeks - until today when the Apache server crashed with a "Send Error Report to Microsoft" window.

Since that time I've uninstalled Apache2, installed version 1.3 (same error), uninstalled 1.3, reinstalled version 2 (under a different directory). The details in the error report mention:

szAppName: Apache.exe szAppVer: 2.0.55.0 szModName: php5ts.dll szModVer: 5.1.2.2 offset: 00099f1a

If I rem out LoadModule php5_module "c:/php5/php5apache2.dll" Apache works.

I've reinstalled all the PHP5 .dll's and still have the same crash.

Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks,
Geoffrey

p.s. Thought I'd mention that I used "PHP 5 for Flash" to get the thing working the first time - it went flawlessly. Of course, I used it again for the latest go 'round.

Also tried setting up the server to work with one user (manual start) - to no avail.
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 14 Apr '06 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download the PHP package from php.net again and reinstall PHP.
I think the php5apache2.dll in corrupt
geoffreymarshall

PostPosted: Fri 14 Apr '06 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reinstalled PHP. No luck - same problem.

I've got c:/php5 in my Windows paths, and I've also copied the reinstalled .dlls into c:/windows/system32.

Thanks for the suggestion.
geoffreymarshall

PostPosted: Fri 14 Apr '06 20:42    Post subject: fixed - thanks for the attention Reply with quote

Hola,

After a couple of days I took another path which solved my issues (though I don't know how).

I uninstalled Apache and PHP5 and used XAMPP to set the whole thing up.

It went easy as pie and I can completely recommend it as a nice, simple development tool.

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html#1173

Thanks again for any thoughts and help sent in my direction.

Geoffrey
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 14 Apr '06 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know XAMPP. For developping it is ok, but not secure. if you run it, make sure that it can't accessed from the network (firewall settings).
geoffreymarshall

PostPosted: Fri 14 Apr '06 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up.

They were pretty clear about it being for development only.

Cheers.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache2 and PHP5 problem (php5apache2.dll crashing Apache?) View previous topic :: View next topic