logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Cannot download files from webpage
Author
benjajones

PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr '07 1:45    Post subject: Cannot download files from webpage Reply with quote

On Sunday (the day we usually spring forward prior to 2007 - just a note) I started getting complaints from my customers that they could not download .xls and .doc files from their webpages (serving 300+ sites).

Further researched showed that they could download Excel version 2.1 files, but not Excel 2003 files. And, they could download Word 95, but not Word 2003 files.

Today we discovered a page that referenced 30 .gif files on it and all downloaded except one. The page would not finish loading because of this one .gif file. I opened the gif file in Photoshop and resaved it and then it loaded fine.

We are completely lost here. Any ideas?
tdonovan

PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr '07 7:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't mention what version of Apache you are running on which operating system.

Nevertheless, here are some directives you might try in httpd.conf.

I suggest you try them one at a time, so if one of them corrects your problem - you will know which one.
If your operating system is Windows XP, there was a thread in this forum back in November, 2006,
where several folks saw problems develop on Windows XP when their disks reached 90% full.
In this case, the EnableSendfile Off directive corrected the problem for them.

-tom-
benjajones

PostPosted: Sat 07 Apr '07 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't seem to correct the problem. Here is the server information.

The apache version is
Server version: Apache/2.2.3
Server built: Oct 13 2006 13:58:31

The Linux version is "RHEL 4" and the kernel is 2.6.9-5.ELsmp.

We are noticing it on .jpg and .exe files as well.

Note: We have three of these apache servers serving through round-robin dns. They are getting the actually files from a fourth apache server.

Reply to topic   Topic: Cannot download files from webpage View previous topic :: View next topic