logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: New to Apache, trouble starting
Author
sepulverture

PostPosted: Mon 09 Apr '07 11:07    Post subject: New to Apache, trouble starting Reply with quote

I downloaded Apache webserver 2.2.4 and attempted to "start" it (start menu - apache hhtp server... - control apache server - start) and it brings up a command prompt saying "only one use is normally permitted make_sock could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80 no listening sockets available shutting down. unable to open logs" with a countdown timer, then the prompt closes afterit hits 0. What's the problem here? I tried running the netstat -ab from a command prompt, but it shows that port 80 is not being used by anything.
Please help, confused here.

I'm running windows xp pro service pack 2.

Edit: I'm completely new to using/configuring server applications, although I do know about basic networking. I suspected that I just need to forward port 80 in my router, but that didn't turn anything up after trying that.
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 10 Apr '07 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see

Programms that may causes apache not running

Please try netstat -nb to see the ports the program uses Wink
sepulverture

PostPosted: Wed 11 Apr '07 4:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond - Thanks for the reply. I tried netstat -nb, and it shows that the only ports being used are port 4 for "system" and port 2476 for firefox. I looked at the list of programs that could be stopping it from working, and the only thing that was there was the windows defaultfirewall, which is disabled. I also stopped the ms iis admin service, but it still didn't work.

Any other suggestions? I'd gladly try anything you have to offer.

Reply to topic   Topic: New to Apache, trouble starting View previous topic :: View next topic