logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Cannot create a file when that file already exists
Author
Ree

PostPosted: Wed 11 Apr '07 10:28    Post subject: Cannot create a file when that file already exists Reply with quote

This is the error I get when trying to run ApacheMonitor.exe which comes with the Apache package on this site:

"Cannot create a file when that file already exists"

Quite an uninformative error... Rolling Eyes

The Apache service installed fine (httpd -k install) and I can start it using the service manager, but it's very inconvenient.

Btw, I'm running Vista Ultimate x86.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
tdonovan

PostPosted: Wed 11 Apr '07 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get the same error - I got "Error - the operation completed successfully" - but the ApacheMonitor did not appear in my system tray.

These steps allowed ApacheMonitor to work correctly for me on Vista Ultimate running Apache 2.2.4 from Apache Lounge,
so maybe they will help in your case too:

Quote:
In Windows Explorer - navigate to \Apache2\bin and right-click on ApacheMonitor, Select Properties
Under the General tab - choose Unblock (if this option appears)
Under the Compatibility tab - choose "Show settings for all users" (Windows needs your permission - click Continue)
    Under the Compatibility for all users tab -
    check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
    also check Run this program as an administrator

-tom-
Ree

PostPosted: Thu 12 Apr '07 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that worked just fine.

Reply to topic   Topic: Cannot create a file when that file already exists View previous topic :: View next topic