logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Event Viewer errors and logged errors Page Previous  1, 2
Author
Pulse77

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jan '08 7:36    Post subject: New ideas Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, I will defnitly try that, it will be hard becuase its our only production server, but will give it a go.

Would like to get your opinion about the following possibilities:

1. Could this be cuased by a faulty network card
2. Could this be cuased by faulty RAM
3. We have a class file that is more than 5,000 lines, it executes very fast, but could it be this
4. We are mixing mysql with mysqli, could it be this, and if so which one is best
5. Should I try Apache 1.x
6. Could it be code, like sessions, loops or arrays.

This is really a massive problem for us at the moment, and I have no idea which way to go, this happens about 30 times a day, with no specific interval, and the server then stays down for between 20 an 60 seconds.

The sequance of events:

I have a graph open to see how the mysql query cache is hit (mysql tools), the site is very active, so the query cache is hit between 60-90% the whole time, then suddenly the query cache drops to 0, then I know the server is down, but at this stage, the apache error log is still clean, and no event in the event viewer, then after a number of seconds apache restarts and all is fine again, and only then does the error in the event viewer appear, and the apache log says that is restarted, but no error in the apache error log, just that it restarted. The weird part is that the errors in the event log differs every time, with the php5t.dll being shown the most.

Thanks for all the help so far, and hope somebody have some more info
Pulse77

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jan '08 7:42    Post subject: Just to add Reply with quote

This is the first production site I built on a WAMP enviroment, and I come from a VB/ASP background, and just want to know if one of these could also be cuasing our problems.

1. We make use of a LOT of include files
2. We make use of a LOT of database access
3. We make use of a LOT of Arrays

could it be bad code?

Reply to topic   Topic: Event Viewer errors and logged errors View previous topic :: View next topic