logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: is there a mod kinda like mod_alias, but for url?
Author
Gatsu

PostPosted: Thu 26 Apr '07 20:23    Post subject: is there a mod kinda like mod_alias, but for url? Reply with quote

Hi there.

I've looked everywhere for a solution for my problem but I haven't found it anywhere, and I think it is kinda easy to solve.

I've got three web servers running on one machine, and only one domain. My problem would be solve if I could use one port for each server, but I'm only allowed to use one, 80, witch is currently forward to apache.

I thought my problem would be resolved if mod_alias worked like this: /dir to /url:port, but it only works with directories: /dir to /dir, the redirect mode won't work either since it would ask the client browser to access to another port, so... I'm out of ideas...

I don't wanna use a proxy mod either, since I don't want add extra configuration to the client browser.

Does anyone know how to make apache, forward requests to another web server, by alias? like:

domain.com/web1 -> access to what is it being served at localhost:8080
domain.com/web2 -> access to what is it being served at localhost:8081

being:
domain.com:80/ -> apache server

localhost:80/ -> apache server
localhost:8080/ -> my second web server
localhost:8081/ -> my third webserver
Gatsu

PostPosted: Thu 26 Apr '07 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, sorry! my bad, I've just read a post reply to another topic, similar to mine, and I'll try to use the reverse proxy has advised in the other topic...

sorry once again -__-

Reply to topic   Topic: is there a mod kinda like mod_alias, but for url? View previous topic :: View next topic