logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.4 and PHP 5.2.2
Author
geetz

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jun '07 10:23    Post subject: Apache 2.2.4 and PHP 5.2.2 Reply with quote

Hello! I'm a total newb at everything so please bare with me.

I currently have Steffens excellent build of Apache 2.2.2 installed with PHP 5.1.6 running smoothly (goddamnit I'm proud I made it work!). Now I see that PHP 5.2.2 has arrived (well it might be old already but it's news to me) and I wanna update just for the thrill of it. However, the apache2handler offered here states "for Apache 2.2.x and PHP 5.1.0-5.1.6". So...what's up? Can I still use it for PHP 5.2.2? If not, what to do?

Another issue, whenever I've updated apache I've had to do the configs again from scratch. The reason being that things seem to change in the .conf files so I wanna make sure I'm not missing stuff. Is there an easy way to update Apache, keep the current .confs and still conform to any new changes to .confs? Like, if I update to Apache 2.2.4, do I simply keep my current .confs? Won't I be missing new stuff then?

Peace out,
geetz
Steffen

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jun '07 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

For PHP 5.2.x you do not need a special apache2handler anymore. It's included now.

Upgrading from 2.2.2 to 2.2.4 : just copy all over, expect your configuration files.

Steffen
Steffen

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jun '07 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to tell when upgrading to 2.2.4.
Be sure to install the VC++ Redistributable SP1 as stated in the readme in the .zip.

Steffen
geetz

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jun '07 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steffen wrote:
For PHP 5.2.x you do not need a special apache2handler anymore. It's included now.

Upgrading from 2.2.2 to 2.2.4 : just copy all over, expect your configuration files.

Steffen

Thanks a bunch, Steffen. I take it my worries that I'll be missing new stuff in later versions of Apache .conf are uncalled for then. I might do the configs from scratch anyways because so far I've learned something new everytime I've done it Smile

Thanks again, peace out
/geetz

Last edited by geetz on Mon 04 Jun '07 12:17; edited 1 time in total
geetz

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jun '07 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steffen wrote:
Forgot to tell when upgrading to 2.2.4.
Be sure to install the VC++ Redistributable SP1 as stated in the readme in the .zip.

Ah ok, thanks for the heads up Smile

/geetz

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.4 and PHP 5.2.2 View previous topic :: View next topic