logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Functions working on webserver, but not on Apache
Author
Arez

PostPosted: Sat 14 Jul '07 19:36    Post subject: Functions working on webserver, but not on Apache Reply with quote

On my webserver, if I go to www.domain.com/index.php?p=Donate then that page will display correctly. If I go to it on my local PHP, it always brings up the data at www.domain.com/index.php and refuses to display anything but the index even though in the URL it has the information!

Someone said this may be due to register_globals, but I'm not sure. Can anyone offer advice?
bentogoa

PostPosted: Sun 15 Jul '07 8:19    Post subject: register_globals Reply with quote

The register_globals setting is "ON" on your webserver, and "OFF" on your localserver.

Having register_globals ON on the server is a security risk.
It is advised to turn is OFF

Changing your script to work with register_globals OFF will be good in long run, as PHP 6 will not have register_globals setting.

anywhere in your script if you find $p replace it with $_GET['p'].

if the $p in enclose in commas EG: "$p" then relpace it with $_GET[p]

All the parameters from GET request are in $_GET[] supergloble
while from POST are $_POST[].
Variables from COOKIES are in $_COOKIE[].
and file uploads are in FILES[].
$_REQUEST[] has both GET POST COOKIE

Bento Fernandes
http://www.goanwap.com
WebMaster

Reply to topic   Topic: Functions working on webserver, but not on Apache View previous topic :: View next topic