logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: htcacheclean is very very slow
Author
terok

PostPosted: Fri 08 Jul '11 14:10    Post subject: htcacheclean is very very slow Reply with quote

Hi,

I couldn't find similar case from forum.

I'm running htcacheclean.exe for Apache 2.2 (32-bit) in Windows server 2008 R2 (64-bit, vmware image).

Before starting amount of disk usage for cache is 4345M, entries 399302.

I started
htcacheclean.exe -p"MyCachePath" -l1G -v -t

Running takes from command prompt 3,5 hours when running it with regular user with admin rights.

If htcachlean is run by Windows scheduler with SYSTEM account it takes 4-22 hours!

Is it really so slow? Another thing is that scheduler has run task fine for a month and after that something takes memory, could there be memory leak in htcacheclean?

Is it safe to delete files manually from disk? Much more faster way..

Is it really so that there is no another way to clean up caches?
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul '11 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under linux it works to delete that files. I don't know how it behaves under Windows, but I would give it a try.
terok

PostPosted: Wed 20 Jul '11 8:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:
Under linux it works to delete that files. I don't know how it behaves under Windows, but I would give it a try.

Yes, it cleans but cleaning is extremely slow. For example 20GB takes over 3 days.

Any ideas?
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 20 Jul '11 9:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope that is not what I meant. I wanted to say, that under linux I delete the file with a script and not using htcacheclean and you should try it under windows, too.

Reply to topic   Topic: htcacheclean is very very slow View previous topic :: View next topic