logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.4 not loading mod_ssl.so?
Author
Thell

PostPosted: Sat 22 Sep '07 17:54    Post subject: Apache 2.2.4 not loading mod_ssl.so? Reply with quote

Good Day!

After installing XAMPP 1.6.3a (which seemed to work flawlessly - much thanks for that guys) with the msi and configuring my php5 debugging I decided to get svn working as well. After installing SVN using the svn-1.4.5-setup.exe I went through the setup steps and worked through a couple of issues but now I'm stuck on mod_ssl.so not loading. I tried commenting them out and httpd started and allowed usage of localhost/xampp yet when I tried browsing the repositories I went back to an access forbidden message.

So now I've uncommented out my changes and am sitting at the mod_ssl.so not loading... Any suggestions?

I feel like I'm going around in circles.
Thell

PostPosted: Sat 22 Sep '07 20:31    Post subject: The file versions where wrong Reply with quote

I kept looking around and the file versions I had for libeay32.dll and ssleay.dll where in the system folder and where version 0.9.8d. I corrected the versions to 0.9.8e (I left them there just because) and now httpd starts up.

Now when I browse my /svn folder though I see:
* conf/
* dav/
* db/
* hooks/
* locks/

Instead of the repositories.

The httpd location directive is:
Code:
<Location /svn>
  DAV svn
  SVNParentPath c:\xampp\svn\repos
  SVNListParentPath On
</Location>

If I comment out the SVNListParentPath On I get a Access Forbidden error.
Thell

PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep '07 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a little further looking has revealed that I have more file versions than I should have and I don't which is which anymore or which I want.

I did a seach for all libeay32.dll files in the XAMPP directory (which is where everything is) and the system32 directory.

Code:

Directory               Version/Product
FileZillaFTP            0.9.8.4/0.9.8d
php                     0.9.8.5/0.9.8e
apache\bin              0.9.8.4/0.9.8d
php\php4                0.9.8.5/0.9.8e
\subversion\bin         0.9.8.2/0.9.8b

and then a few eclipse plugins with versions 0.9.8.2 and 0.9.8.5 (but they don't have anything to do with the problem - I hope!)

So which should I have and should they all be the same?
Thell

PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep '07 5:39    Post subject: Its working now Reply with quote

Well, I'm not happy with the final placement of the various files and versions since the xampp 1.6.3a looks to use newer files for some things and subversion uses newer for others and apache for others; then again I happened to be grabbing files from pretty much all over the place so no wonder I had problems. Embarassed

At least it looks to be working and I can guarantee that it wouldn't be if it wasn't for Apache Friends and Apache Lounge.

Two questions to leave with you... Are there plans for integrating SVN into the package and does anyone know of a compatibility matrix for these programs? Thinking about upgrading any of these components give me the shivers.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.4 not loading mod_ssl.so? View previous topic :: View next topic