logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2 with mod_fcgid & PHP5.2 NTS not working
Author
DjGL

PostPosted: Fri 30 Jul '10 12:40    Post subject: Apache 2.2 with mod_fcgid & PHP5.2 NTS not working Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I'm running Apache 2.2 with mod_fcgid & PHP5 Threadsafe on a Windows 2000 Server already since a while. It is working quite fine. Sometimes I recognize that after an Apache restart not all old php-cgi processes have been killed .. any idea how to solve except killing them manually?

But that's a different problem.

I wanted to try the Non-Thread-Safe version of PHP because it should increase the performance a little.

But if I switch to the NTS version and start Apache I get an errormessage that php5ts.dll has not been found which is confusing as php5ts is the Thread-Safe version of the dll.

Anyone else experiences this problem?

I used the latest version of PHP 5.2.14

Best regards
Günther
James Blond

PostPosted: Sun 01 Aug '10 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you set up php over fcgid?
DjGL

PostPosted: Sun 01 Aug '10 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
LoadModule fcgid_module modules/mod_fcgid.so

DefaultInitEnv PHPRC "D:/HTTP/PHP5/"
DefaultInitEnv PATH "D:/HTTP/PHP5;C:/WINNT/system32;C:/WINNT;C:/WINNT/System32/Wbem;"
DefaultInitEnv SystemRoot "C:/WINNT"
DefaultInitEnv SystemDrive "C:"
DefaultInitEnv TEMP "E:/TEMP"
DefaultInitEnv TMP "E:/TEMP"
DefaultInitEnv windir "C:/WINNT"

<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
   IPCCommTimeout 120
   IPCConnectTimeout 20
   MaxProcessCount 128
   OutputBufferSize 48
   ProcessLifeTime 3600
   MaxRequestsPerProcess 1000
   IdleTimeout 600
   IdleScanInterval 240
   BusyTimeout 300
   BusyScanInterval 120
   ErrorScanInterval 6
   ZombieScanInterval 6
</IfModule>

und in den VHosts

Code:
<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin xxx
    ServerName xxx

DocumentRoot xxx

LogFormat "%V %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b"

AddHandler fcgid-script .php

<Location />
     Options xxx
     AllowOverride xxx
     FCGIWrapper "D:/HTTP/PHP5/php-cgi.exe -c D:/HTTP/PHP5/php.ini" .php
    </Location>

ErrorLog xxx
    CustomLog xxx common
</VirtualHost>
PipoDeClown

PostPosted: Mon 02 Aug '10 19:54    Post subject: Re: Apache 2.2 with mod_fcgid & PHP5.2 NTS not working Reply with quote

DjGL wrote:
...Sometimes I recognize that after an Apache restart not all old php-cgi processes have been killed ...

Are you really sure there were no running php-cgi active before changing to php nts version?
DjGL

PostPosted: Mon 02 Aug '10 20:05    Post subject: Re: Apache 2.2 with mod_fcgid & PHP5.2 NTS not working Reply with quote

PipoDeClown wrote:
DjGL wrote:
...Sometimes I recognize that after an Apache restart not all old php-cgi processes have been killed ...

Are you really sure there were no running php-cgi active before changing to php nts version?

Oh .. maybe I have not explained very well .. that question was not related to TS or NTS version .. I have this problem since a while with only using TS version of PHP aswell. This was just a secondary issue. At the moment I use a batchfile to restart Apache which uses pskill to remove the php-cgi process which are left after stopping Apache service.
glsmith

PostPosted: Tue 03 Aug '10 5:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hanging around processes could be this
http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=3573
DjGL

PostPosted: Tue 03 Aug '10 7:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

glsmith wrote:
The hanging around processes could be this
http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=3573

Yes that sounds quite similar .. I'm also restarting Apache (with my batchfile) once a day to avoid Segfaults .. but in rare cases Apache still crashes.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2 with mod_fcgid & PHP5.2 NTS not working View previous topic :: View next topic