logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: OpenSSL 0.9.8g, what am I missing now?
Author
glsmith

PostPosted: Sat 20 Oct '07 4:16    Post subject: OpenSSL 0.9.8g, what am I missing now? Reply with quote

Well, I figured I'd go over on my Vista machine which has VC++ 2005 EX and give it a whirl there .. since I have MASM 8 there and wouldn't have to mess with editing the files .. no such luck. Then again, that has been the story with VC++ 2005 Express, never can get anything to work on it!!!

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Include\.\win
dows.h(157) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'excpt.h': No such fi
le or directory
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

One would think if windows.h was going to include a file they would at least supply it as well ... BUT NO! ()*^(*&^% M$

Another brainy move by M$, the preprocessor pack must be installed on VC++ + sp5, but refuses to install on SP6 .. um .. DUH ... what is wrong with those people over in Redmond ... smoking too much of the lawn I think.

Last edited by glsmith on Sat 20 Oct '07 4:43; edited 1 time in total
tdonovan

PostPosted: Sat 20 Oct '07 4:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though windows.h is supplied by the platform SDK,
excpt.h is in the regular C-compiler include directory: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include

This is usually set up in the INCLUDE environment variable by running vsvars32.bat.

-tom-
glsmith

PostPosted: Sat 20 Oct '07 4:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

all are in my path ... I tihnk .. I chose to have it set all that stuff set on this machine since there was nothing on here to break by doing it.
It is why I have 2005 over here and not on the one with VS 6
Looks like it didn't add the include to the path however like everything else.

anyway, edited all the XMWORDs to DWORD and compiled over on VC++6 and all is well.

going to run your patch on x86masm.pl and try and figure this out
@@ -255,6 +255,11 @@

I know what the + & - on the different lines mean .. just haven't figure out this positioning thing yet
PipoDeClown

PostPosted: Sat 20 Oct '07 8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vista?
then use the latest greatest Windows SDK made for Vista
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2084360&SiteID=1

Reply to topic   Topic: OpenSSL 0.9.8g, what am I missing now? View previous topic :: View next topic