logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.8 on Vista x64 - side-by-side error
Author
pcforce

PostPosted: Mon 03 Mar '08 19:40    Post subject: Apache 2.2.8 on Vista x64 - side-by-side error Reply with quote

When i try to start the binaries. i get the following message:

Quote:

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more details.

I managed to get more detailed information about the error from Windows logs which says:

Quote:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Apache\httpd-2.2.8-win64\bin\httpd.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Do you know how i can solve this?
Steffen

PostPosted: Mon 03 Mar '08 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you did not installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package see :

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&DisplayLang=en#QuickInfoContainer
tdonovan

PostPosted: Mon 03 Mar '08 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a 64-bit Apache built with Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, maybe you need to install the 64-bit Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package.

If you built a 64-bit Apache using Visual C++ 2008, you may need to install the 64-bit Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package.

If you are running a 32-bit Apache from Apache Lounge (even if you are running it on a 64-bit machine), then you want the package that Steffen described.

-tom-
pcforce

PostPosted: Mon 03 Mar '08 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've downloaded Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 but i'm confused which files and in what order to compile.
tdonovan

PostPosted: Mon 03 Mar '08 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you already have the binaries you do not need the whole Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, and you do not need to compile anything.

You just need to know which compiler was used to make the binaries that you already have
- so you can download and install the correct Redistributable Package needed to run them.

Where did you get the Apache binaries that you are trying to run?

-tom-
pcforce

PostPosted: Mon 03 Mar '08 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.blackdot.be/?inc=apache/binaries
tdonovan

PostPosted: Tue 04 Mar '08 2:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Jorge compiles these with 64-bit Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1, but you might send him a note to confirm this.

If so, you want to install the 64-bit Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package.

-tom-
pcforce

PostPosted: Wed 05 Mar '08 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help!

Everything seems to be running fine now including PHP x64

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.8 on Vista x64 - side-by-side error View previous topic :: View next topic