logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2 Authentication to Active Directory
Author
djm123456789

PostPosted: Thu 28 Feb '08 18:03    Post subject: Apache 2.2 Authentication to Active Directory Reply with quote

Can anyone provide information regarding

Apache 2.2 Authentication to Active Directory

I would like to run Apache 2.2/PHP/MySQL on a windows box for an internal web information section, which can be authenticated against the group relevant to my team on Server 2003 Active Directory.

I would however only be allowed to do this if people's AD passwords are not being sent in plain text over the internet for the authentication process.

I have searched the forum and found various bit of information but nothing that fully answers my question or goes into enough detail for me to understand. Does anyone have/found instructions for doing this in the most simple manner whilst maintaining a level of security

I understand this is a possibly a rather large request but I am only Page Dev and I have very little knowledge of Apache so good detailed information would be very appreciated if anyone can help.

I have also just been told what I am really looking for is some method of NTLM authentication.???

Thanks
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 07 Apr '08 21:32    Post subject: Re: Apache 2.2 Authentication to Active Directory Reply with quote

There are many configurations how to do that in the forum. Please use the forum search. Also be intressting can mod_auth_sspi for you

djm123456789 wrote:
Can anyone provide information regarding
I would however only be allowed to do this if people's AD passwords are not being sent in plain text over the internet for the authentication process.

You can use SSL to secure that login

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2 Authentication to Active Directory View previous topic :: View next topic