logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Got time to assist an idiot? (me)
Author
NthDegree

PostPosted: Tue 25 Apr '06 20:08    Post subject: Got time to assist an idiot? (me) Reply with quote

I need help with compiling apache, I have no clue how to do it all and what I want to do is compile a copy of apache with only the bits I want!

I've compiled software from source in linux before but not in windows and have no clue what to do.

I know I need a C++ compiler (in this case i'll use MS VC++ 2005 Express Edition) and a lot of patience.

So can someone give me a step-by-step guide to doing it and give me some tips on what to do to make it run at it's best for my OS [Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition].

Thanks in advance Mr. Green
Steffen

PostPosted: Tue 25 Apr '06 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeap. I have some time for an "idiot" (you) Smile

Maybe you can read the post www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=103

A also good start is reading the guide at www.devside.net/web/server/windows/apache. It is using there 2.0.55 and VC6, but the same steps you need when building 2.2.2 with MS VC++ 2005 (express) . And the stated issue there (you need to patch) with mod_deflate is not in 2.2.2.

Be aware that Apache is not fully X64 proof, yet.

Steffen
NthDegree

PostPosted: Wed 26 Apr '06 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already noticed that mod_ssl requires extra stuff because I am using Windows Server 2003 R2.

Oh yeah do you just compile as normal and it is x64 because of the OS it is compiled on or do you have to change things?

Is there anything different you have to do when compiling to make it x64?

Reply to topic   Topic: Got time to assist an idiot? (me) View previous topic :: View next topic