logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: apr_dbd_u_name_it
Author
glsmith

PostPosted: Mon 28 Jul '08 19:26    Post subject: apr_dbd_u_name_it Reply with quote

I believe these are your's Tom and I did not see anything in Docs (though I may have missed) explaining this;

-------------------Configuration: BuildBin - Win32 Release--------------------
-----
apr_dbd drivers will not build unless DBD_LIST is set to the list
of all the client modules available in the LIB and INCLUDE path.

Care to explain or point me to some place that does explain?

Thanks
Gregg

Last edited by glsmith on Wed 30 Jul '08 6:21; edited 1 time in total
tdonovan

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jul '08 4:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DBD drivers are not all mine - although I did contribute the ODBC driver.

The APR included with Apache 2.2.9 will not build DBD drivers correctly, but you can replace it with APR 1.3.2 and build the DBD drivers (like Steffen does).
The ODBC driver will always get built with APR 1.3.2 on Windows. It does not need any DBD_LIST, nor any extra header files or libraries.

If you want to build some of the other DBD drivers too:
    * Add the database's header directory to your INCLUDE environment variable, and its library directory to your LIB environment variable.

* Pass the space-separated list of drivers as DBD_LIST="..." to NMAKE for a command-line build.
For example, for four DBD drivers - ODBC, SQLite3, MySQL, and PostgreSQL:
Code:
SET INCLUDE=%INCLUDE%;C:\sqlite3;C:\MySQL\include;;C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\include
SET LIB=%LIB%;C:\sqlite3;C:\MySQL\lib;;C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\lib
NMAKE -f Makefile.win   INSTDIR=\Apache2   DBD_LIST="sqlite3 mysql pgsql"   installr

Hope this helps.

-tom-
glsmith

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jul '08 6:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happened to be SVN 2.2.10-dev with trunk APR.

I'll I shall follow these instruction (probably not till the weekend however) and leave word here after how it went.

Thanks as always
Gregg

Reply to topic   Topic: apr_dbd_u_name_it View previous topic :: View next topic