logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache crashes when trying to install a PHPBB forum, help!
Author
Internet151

PostPosted: Sat 06 Feb '10 0:21    Post subject: Apache crashes when trying to install a PHPBB forum, help! Reply with quote

Hi, I recently started trying to setup my own webserver under Windows XP to run a phpbb forum and installed and configured Apache v2.2, PHP v5.3.1, MySQL v.5.1.42, and PHPBB v3.0.6. When accessing my server via web browser to setup the phpbb forum and entering the database information in the phpbb web interface, I notice about 5-10 seconds of CPU activity once I submit the database information and Apache crashes everytime with this error code: szAppName : httpd.exe szAppVer : 2.2.14.0 szModName : php5ts.dll
szModVer : 5.2.12.12 offset : 0000ac6a

Any ideas regarding whats going on, or what I can do? Everything looks fine on the PHPBB installation compatability page and I believe I configured everything correctly, I'm really stumped here.
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 06 Feb '10 9:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess an extension from PHP is crashing. Disable all extensions in php.ini you don't need.
Internet151

PostPosted: Sat 06 Feb '10 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have extension=php_gd2.dll and extension=php_mysql.dll enabled which I need, thats it.
dreaMaker

PostPosted: Mon 15 Feb '10 2:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHP v5.3.1 is better and faster than the previous version, but if it comes to stability and compatibility you can better use the PHP 5.2.12 version.

As far as I know most of the forum scripts are not designed for PHP v5.3.1 yet.
Internet151

PostPosted: Mon 15 Feb '10 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

dreaMaker wrote:
PHP v5.3.1 is better and faster than the previous version, but if it comes to stability and compatibility you can better use the PHP 5.2.12 version.

As far as I know most of the forum scripts are not designed for PHP v5.3.1 yet.

Alright I switched to php 5.2.12 and the exact same problem is still coming up.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache crashes when trying to install a PHPBB forum, help! View previous topic :: View next topic