logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: eAccelerator 0.9.4/0.9.5 Windows Binaries needed!
Author
muerte

PostPosted: Mon 17 Apr '06 0:02    Post subject: eAccelerator 0.9.4/0.9.5 Windows Binaries needed! Reply with quote

Hi~ Steffen ! Very Happy

Currently, I'm using eAccelerator 0.9.4 rc1 which downloaded from http://www.arnot.info/eaccelerator/ with Zend Optimizer 3.0

eAccelerator + Zend Optimizer really speed up my phpnuke and wordpress a lot!

I tried to compile the Released version 0.9.4 source code my self making a windows binary, but I gave up at the end without succeed.

Can you make it for us to download? Embarassed

source code available:
http://www.eaccelerator.net/
Steffen

PostPosted: Mon 17 Apr '06 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I have time I shallgive it a try.

For what version of php and Apache ?

Steffen
muerte

PostPosted: Mon 17 Apr '06 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, Steffen

Right now I'm running Apache 2.2.1 which I downloaded from you and PHP-4.4.1.
(I've tried PHP-4.4.2 and PHP-5.1.2 but somehow my realtime-signature and some phpnuke modules didn't work correctly, so I'm back to PHP-4.1.1 again~)

thanks again Razz
Millennium

PostPosted: Mon 17 Apr '06 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can download the latest SVN for PHP 5.1.2 or the Latest 0.9.4 or 0.9.5 for php 4.2.2 windows binairy at http://www.necrosoft.ru/ea/.

The latest SVN works great with PHP 5.1.2
muerte

PostPosted: Mon 17 Apr '06 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millennium wrote:
You can download the latest SVN for PHP 5.1.2 or the Latest 0.9.4 or 0.9.5 for php 4.2.2 windows binairy at http://www.necrosoft.ru/ea/.

The latest SVN works great with PHP 5.1.2

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

But some modules on my nuke site are not compitible with 5.1.2. Crying or Very sad

btw. what's the different between compressed and uncompressed version of th binaries from SVN?
Millennium

PostPosted: Tue 18 Apr '06 0:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compressed or non-compressed DLL. The both seem to work. I use the Compressed one. Else you can ask the owner of the site for the differences. Which can be found in the Open discussion forum from eAccelerator.
muerte

PostPosted: Tue 18 Apr '06 3:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll ask around.

thanks again ! Very Happy
cuongx

PostPosted: Tue 16 May '06 9:43    Post subject: Re: eAccelerator 0.9.4/0.9.5 Windows Binaries needed! Reply with quote

muerte wrote:
Hi~ Steffen ! Very Happy

Currently, I'm using eAccelerator 0.9.4 rc1 which downloaded from http://www.arnot.info/eaccelerator/ with Zend Optimizer 3.0

eAccelerator + Zend Optimizer really speed up my phpnuke and wordpress a lot!

I tried to compile the Released version 0.9.4 source code my self making a windows binary, but I gave up at the end without succeed.

Can you make it for us to download? Embarassed

source code available:
http://www.eaccelerator.net/

muerte, can you show me how to install eAccelerator 0.9.4 rc1 & Zend Optimizer 3.0 for windows? I currently use apache 2.x, php 5.x, mysql 5. Thanks a lot!
cuongx

PostPosted: Tue 16 May '06 9:59    Post subject: Re: eAccelerator 0.9.4/0.9.5 Windows Binaries needed! Reply with quote

By the way, is there any mechanism to make a php Object lives 'forever' in eAccelerator? I mean a class inited once lasts forever until server stops or to be rebuilt from source code. This class's role is like a listener hearing any signals from page to page, and i think it's very useful in some cases when boosting performance. Thanks again!
muerte

PostPosted: Tue 16 May '06 14:11    Post subject: Re: eAccelerator 0.9.4/0.9.5 Windows Binaries needed! Reply with quote

cuongx wrote:

muerte, can you show me how to install eAccelerator 0.9.4 rc1 & Zend Optimizer 3.0 for windows? I currently use apache 2.x, php 5.x, mysql 5. Thanks a lot!

for Zend Optimizer 3.0.0, just go to:

https://www.zend.com/de/free_download/optimizer

and download the "ZendOptimizer-3.0.0-Windows-i386.exe"

after you downloaded the file, run it and the installation will begin automaticly.

It will add something like follow to your php.ini:
zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts="C:\Program Files\Zend\Optimizer\lib\Optimizer-3.0.0"
zend_extension_ts="C:\Program Files\Zend\Optimizer\lib\ZendExtensionManager.dll"
zend_optimizer.optimization_level=15
zend_loader.enable=Off
zend_optimizer.enable_loader = 0

Everytime you launch your Apache server, Zend Optimizer will automaticly load with PHP. Cool
muerte

PostPosted: Tue 16 May '06 14:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

for eAccelerator install, you must downlaod the Win32 Binary file for your PHP version.

Official Win32 Binary can get here:
http://www.arnot.info/eaccelerator/

rename the file you got to eAccelerator.dll
like this:
eaccelerator_win_4.x.xx.dll to eaccelerator.dll

put this file in your root folder of PHP

Add the configuration settings in your php.ini

There is only one thing you should take care:
The eAccelerator MUST BE load before Zend Optimizer!

Code:
eAccelerator php.ini settings

Here you can find descriptions for each setting in your php.ini.

* ;extension="eaccelerator.so"
    * zend_extension="/usr/lib/php4/eaccelerator.so"
    * ;zend_extension_ts="/usr/lib/php4/eaccelerator.so"
    * ;extension="eaccelerator.dll"
    * ;zend_extension_ts="c:\php4\eaccelerator.dll"
    * ;zend_extension="c:\php4\eaccelerator.dll"

You must uncomment one (and only one) line from the following to load the eAccelerator extension.
      eAccelerator is compatible with Zend Optimizer's loader. Zend Optimizer must be installed after eAccelerator in php.ini. If you don't use scripts encoded with Zend Encoder then we do not recommend you install Zend Optimizer with eAccelerator.

* eaccelerator.shm_size = "64"

The amount of shared memory (in megabytes) that eAccelerator will use. "0" means OS default. Default value is "0".

* eaccelerator.cache_dir = "/tmp/eaccelerator"

The directory that is used for disk cache. eAccelerator stores precompiled code, session data, content and user entries here. The same data can also be stored in shared memory (for more quick access). Default value is "/tmp/eaccelerator".

* eaccelerator.enable = "1"

Enables or disables eAccelerator. Should be "1" for enabling or "0" for disabling. Default value is "1".

* eaccelerator.optimizer = "1"

Enables or disables internal peephole optimizer which may speed up code execution. Should be "1" for enabling or "0" for disabling. Default value is "1".

* eaccelerator.debug = "0"

Enables or disables debug logging. Should be "1" for enabling or "0" for disabling. Default value is "0".

* eaccelerator.check_mtime = "1"

Enables or disables PHP file modification checking. Should be "1" for enabling or "0" for disabling. You should set it to "1" if you want to recompile PHP files after modification. Default value is "1".

* eaccelerator.filter = ""

Determines which PHP files must be cached. You may specify a pattern (for example "*.php *.phtml") which specifies files to cache or exclude. If the pattern starts with the character "!", the files that match this pattern wil be excluded. Default value is "" which means - all PHP scripts will be cached.

* eaccelerator.shm_max = "0"

Disables putting large values into shared memory by "eaccelerator_put()" function. It indicates the largest allowed size in bytes (10240, 10K, 1M). A "0" disables the limit. Default value is "0".

* eaccelerator.shm_ttl = "0"

When eAccelerator fails to get shared memory for a new script it removes all scripts from shared memory which were not accessed at least "shm_ttl" seconds. Default value is "0" which means - don't remove any files from shared memory.

* eaccelerator.shm_prune_period = "0"

When eAccelerator fails to get shared memory for a new script it tries to remove old script if the previous try was made more then "shm_prune_period" seconds ago. Default value is "0" which means - don't try to remove any files from shared memory.

* eaccelerator.shm_only = "0"

Enables or disables caching of compiled scripts on disk. It has no effect on session data and content caching. Default value is "0" which means - use disk and shared memory for caching.

* eaccelerator.compress = "1"

Enables or disables cached content compression. Default value is "1" which means enable compression.

* eaccelerator.compress_level = "9"

Compression level used for content caching. Default value is "9" which is the maximum compression level

* eaccelerator.keys = "shm_and_disk"
    * eaccelerator.sessions = "shm_and_disk"
    * eaccelerator.content = "shm_and_disk"

Determine where keys, session data and content will be cached. The possible values are:
      "shm_and_disk", cache data in shared memory and on disk (default value)
      "shm", cache data in shared memory or on disk if shared memory is full or data size is greater then "eaccelerator.shm_max"
      "shm_only", cache data in shared memory
      "disk_only", cache data on disk
      "none", don't cache data

* eaccelerator.admin.name="yourusername"
    * eaccelerator.admin.password="yourpassword"

eAccelerator can be managed through a web interface script eaccelerator.php. You need to put this file on your web site. For security reasons it is recommended to restrict the usage of this script by your local IP.

To create the eAccelerator password type

php -q eaccelerator_password.php
      Changing password for eAccelerator Web Interface (eaccelerator.php)

Enter admin name: admin
      New admin password: eaccelerator
      Retype new admin password: eaccelerator

for example:
zend_extension_ts="x:\php\eaccelerator.dll"
eaccelerator.shm_size="16"
eaccelerator.cache_dir="x:\eaccelerator"
eaccelerator.enable="1"
eaccelerator.optimizer="1"
eaccelerator.check_mtime="1"
eaccelerator.debug="0"
eaccelerator.filter=""
eaccelerator.shm_max="0"
eaccelerator.shm_ttl="0"
eaccelerator.shm_prune_period="0"
eaccelerator.shm_only="0"
eaccelerator.compress="1"
eaccelerator.compress_level="9"
zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts="C:\Program Files\Zend\Optimizer\lib\Optimizer-3.0.0"
zend_extension_ts="C:\Program Files\Zend\Optimizer\lib\ZendExtensionManager.dll"
zend_optimizer.optimization_level=15
zend_loader.enable=Off
zend_optimizer.enable_loader = 0
chrisd

PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct '06 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I maintain eAccelerator windows binaries here: http://www.sitebuddy.com/PHP/Accelerators/eAccelerator_windows_binaries_builds

Reply to topic   Topic: eAccelerator 0.9.4/0.9.5 Windows Binaries needed! View previous topic :: View next topic