logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Running the Apache Solution in Debug Mode
Author
g_math

PostPosted: Mon 06 Oct '08 21:47    Post subject: Running the Apache Solution in Debug Mode Reply with quote

Hello,

I use VC9 and I would like to use DEBUG mode instead of RELEASE mode. I am able to run the whole Apache solution in Release mode, without any problem. For example, I press F5 and I can go line by line viewing the code that it is executed, adding breakpoints and so on. I would like to do the same in the Debug mode too.

I'm using InstallBin as my default project. Also I have applied the same configuration parameters that I used in Release mode for the Debug mode. That is, I don't build the projects abs, mod_ssl, mod_deflate and all the apr_dbd_* projects. I have httpd project with command arguments: -X (for single thread execution)

When I run the Apache solution in Debug mode I get the following error dialog window.

Debug Assertion Failed!
Program: httpd.exe
File: commit.c (The path of the file points to my cd-rom drive... very wierd. I have inserted my VC9 DVD in the drive, and still I get the message)
Line 69
Expression("Invalid file descriptor. File possibly closed by thread",0)

I have tried to remove the -X argument and still I get the same error message. Also I have noticed that if I ignore the above error, the server seems to run and serve requests.

Can you please tell me any configuration that I need to do? Or can you please tell how I can get rid off the above error? Any ideas/solutions are welcome.

Thanks
tdonovan

PostPosted: Tue 07 Oct '08 4:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search for "Debug Assertion Failed" in this post.

It's a harmless (but annoying) error which only occurs in debug mode.

-tom-
g_math

PostPosted: Wed 08 Oct '08 4:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot!!

Smile

Reply to topic   Topic: Running the Apache Solution in Debug Mode View previous topic :: View next topic