logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: PHP 5.3.0 Released Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author
Pierre

PostPosted: Sun 19 Jul '09 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foddex wrote:
Anyone aware of a APC build for 5.3 for Windows?

To be used with VC9 builds only:

http://downloads.php.net/pierre/php_apc-trunk-20090717-5.3-vc9-x86.zip
Pierre

PostPosted: Sun 19 Jul '09 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

bentogoa wrote:

if u are using apache from Apache Lounge thats the cause, none of the php 5.3.0 downloaded from php.net works with apache from Apache Lounge.

That's totally wrong. The VC9 Thread Safe version does work with Apachelounge's Apache. We do use them to build the apache modules.
hydn79

PostPosted: Mon 20 Jul '09 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre wrote:
Foddex wrote:
Anyone aware of a APC build for 5.3 for Windows?

To be used with VC9 builds only:

http://downloads.php.net/pierre/php_apc-trunk-20090717-5.3-vc9-x86.zip

Installed but get blank pages after a few seconds.

Is this also caching for each fastcgi session of like eaccelerator it cache to one storage area (files)
Brian White

PostPosted: Tue 21 Jul '09 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre wrote:
bentogoa wrote:

if u are using apache from Apache Lounge thats the cause, none of the php 5.3.0 downloaded from php.net works with apache from Apache Lounge.

That's totally wrong. The VC9 Thread Safe version does work with Apachelounge's Apache. We do use them to build the apache modules.

I tried the VC9 version of PHP Thread Safe version as recommended together with the build from Apache Lounge and Apache crashed instantaneously (the same as it did before). I only loaded a few extensions, all of them from the official PHP VC9 build. I'm running PHP as an Apache module. Perhaps PHP 5.3 only works for fast CGI. More configuration information from anyone who has it working would be appreciated.
hydn79

PostPosted: Tue 21 Jul '09 19:00    Post subject: xcache just launch 5.3 compatible version! Reply with quote

xcache for PHP 5.3 released today:
http://xcache.lighttpd.net/pub/snapshots/1.3-dev-r652/

Unlike APC for 5.3 it IS very stable. 100% error and bug free for 14 hours so far.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jul '09 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finaly I ran PHP 5.3. I downloaded a fresh apache and VC6 x86 Thread Safe (2009-Jun-30 08:52:55) from windows.php.net
Sad is only that the VS9 build crashes over fcgid.
hydn79

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jul '09 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've on VC9 5.3 nts. It stable and much faster than 5.2.10
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jul '09 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you run it? fcgid or module? Which extensions do you use?
hydn79

PostPosted: Mon 03 Aug '09 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. Were on IIS 6. It benchmarks faster for us - with vbulletin at least - if IIS is configured correctly etc. We run it using fastcgi:
http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/248/configuring-fastcgi-extension-for-iis-60/
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 04 Aug '09 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok you are using IIS., but which PHP extensions did you enable in php.ini
Some of my loved pecls do not work since there is not PHP 5.3 build yet (for windows).
hydn79

PostPosted: Wed 05 Aug '09 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

extension=php_curl.dll
extension=php_gd2.dll
extension=php_mysqli.dll
extension=php_mysql.dll
extension=eAccelerator.dll
extension = php_memcache.dll
Fusion

PostPosted: Tue 18 Aug '09 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates on this?
I swear, I thought I was going nuts trying to get 5.3 to run. :p
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 18 Aug '09 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deleted all stuff on the harddrive and downloaded the apache zip and PHP zip. So now it works. Maybe there where an incompability with some older modules in apache or extension from pecl or normal php extensions. So from the scratch did it for me with the VS6 thread safe version of PHP.

----
edit:

I've seen eAccelerator 0.9.6-rc1 in the XAMPP project.
Fusion

PostPosted: Wed 19 Aug '09 10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:
I deleted all stuff on the harddrive and downloaded the apache zip and PHP zip. So now it works. Maybe there where an incompability with some older modules in apache or extension from pecl or normal php extensions. So from the scratch did it for me with the VS6 thread safe version of PHP.

I'm using the Apachelounge apache and VC6-ts of PHP as well, all fresh, ie. no old files and whatnot.

Only modules I use are
extension=php_gd2.dll
extension=php_mysqli.dll
extension=php_mysql.dll
extension=php_apc.dll (the new 5.3-trunk that's supposed to work)

Anyone know what's making things crash exactly?
Mitron

PostPosted: Sat 22 Aug '09 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, maybe I can help clear this up a bit as there seems to be a bit of confusion. I've been battling with this as well, I just can't seem to be able to build a functional php_imagick.dll file for php 5.3.0.

PHP 5.3.0 now comes in essentially 4 binary releases, 2 Thread Safe and 2 Non-Thread Safe. One of each are built with either VC6 or VC9. Only the Thread Safe versions have the Apache 2.2 module so if you plan on running PHP as an Apache Module, you need the Thread Safe version.

On top of this you also have to consider which Apache you want to run. If you use the ASF version, which is built with VC6, you must use the VC6 version of PHP 5.3.0. If you use Apache Lounge version, which is built with VC9, you must use the VC9 version of PHP and if you aren't on Vista OS, you will also need the VC9 redist pkg.

Example: I'm running Windows 2003 R2 and ASF Apache 2.2.13 and MySQL 5.1.37.

For me, I wanted to use the Apache Module so I chose PHP 5.3.0 TS VC6 version.

I also wanted PHP to use the libmysql.dll instead of mysqlnd and I needed imagick and smtp extentions for some older apps I'm using. I setup my build environment as documented at http://wiki.php.net and was able to successfully build a working php_mysql.dll, php_mysqli.dll and php_smtp.dll for the VC6 build on 2003. For some reason the php_pdo_mysql.dll fails however.

I think that if I can successfully build a VC6 version of Image Magick, I might also be able to build a VC6 version of php_imagick.dll. I've come close, I can get PHP to see it in phpinfo() and I can create graphics from text or using colors, I just can't get it to load, edit or save existing images. If I can't get this to work I have a feeling I may have to go back to PHP 5.2.6.
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 22 Aug '09 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitron wrote:
If you use Apache Lounge version, which is built with VC9, you must use the VC9 version of PHP

That not true. I'm using the VS9 Apache and the thread safe PHP VS6. Works fine as module and over fcgid.

Quote:

If I can't get this to work I have a feeling I may have to go back to PHP 5.2.6.

Why not at least PHP 5.2.10 if not 5.3.0?

I also run my apache on windows 2003 and I use the following PPH extensions withouit any problem. I also try the same on a fresh Xp installation and it works like a charm.

• mbstring
  • mysql
  • mysqli
  • openssl
  • php_pdo_mysql
  • php_pdo_sqlite
  • php_soap
  • php_sockets
  • php_sqlite
  • php_sqlite3
  • php_xmlrpc
  • php_xsl
Pierre

PostPosted: Sun 23 Aug '09 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:
Mitron wrote:
If you use Apache Lounge version, which is built with VC9, you must use the VC9 version of PHP

That not true. I'm using the VS9 Apache and the thread safe PHP VS6. Works fine as module and over fcgid.

That is true. It may work under certain circumstances but it is not the recommended way. But why would one want to use the VC6 builds anyway if he can use the faster VC9 versions? (no need to answer Very Happy )
Mitron

PostPosted: Mon 24 Aug '09 5:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:

Mitron wrote:

Quote:

If I can't get this to work I have a feeling I may have to go back to PHP 5.2.6.

Why not at least PHP 5.2.10 if not 5.3.0?

Yeah, I'm not mixing the VC builds. I've run into all sorts of problems trying that one.

PHP 5.2.6 was the last one that had a PECL package and the last one I have a working php_imagick.dll. I need that for phpBB 3.0.5 and a few custom apps I wrote. So far I haven't found anyone with a working VC6 build of php_imagick.dll using the latest imagick source.

Mikko has a VC9 build, but I can't seem to get it to work with the latest Image Magick build (6.5.4.10). I haven't tried with 6.5.5 yet.
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 24 Aug '09 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre wrote:

That is true. It may work under certain circumstances but it is not the recommended way. But why would one want to use the VC6 builds anyway if he can use the faster VC9 versions? (no need to answer Very Happy )

Simply under my windows 2003 the VS9 build crashed apache. In VMware I tried with a fresh XP and there it works with the copied binaries from the windows 2003. So I guess there is something wroong with the OS itself.

If there any news from pecl4win? Cause in the php internals-win mailing list you wrote you'll work on it after you vacation which ended on the 10th Wink Is there any timetable?
James Blond

PostPosted: Sun 30 Aug '09 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now after the new .Net service pack I was able to run the VS9 build. TS over module and NTS over fcgid.

Reply to topic   Topic: PHP 5.3.0 Released View previous topic :: View next topic