logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Unable to connect
Author
Exile

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jul '09 4:35    Post subject: Unable to connect Reply with quote

Im running apache on windows 7. My windows firewall is down i have no security up. Everything works perfectly, just every so often my server is unaccessible through my external ip nor through my domain name. But if i enter my internal ip or locahost its fine so i know its not my server i was wondering if this could be caused by a ddos attack or what? Any help is appreciated thanks!
Steffen

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jul '09 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any clue in the error.log during the time it is not accessible ?

Steffen
Exile

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jul '09 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played around with it and changed it so apache listened on port 8080 and typed in my external ip following :8080 and it worked then i changed it back to port 80 and everything is working fine again so i dont know if comcast blocks port 80 for some reason but its not always blocked...
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jul '09 9:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a list which programs blocks apache

http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=1265
Exile

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jul '09 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not running any of those applications and i did netstat to check port 80 and the only thing running on port 80 is apache and its listening on it...i dont know why its unaccessable externally...and the apache logs show nothing =/
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 18 Jul '09 10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you enable Portforwarding in your router to your pc? Or do you use a modem direcly to your pc?

Reply to topic   Topic: Unable to connect View previous topic :: View next topic