logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache in a school setting
Author
swordvisions

PostPosted: Thu 10 Sep '09 19:00    Post subject: Apache in a school setting Reply with quote

I am currently teaching Webmastering at the high School level. I have an old Windows 2003 server. I am going to install Apache, PHP, and mysql

I want this to work as a webserver but only within our intranet. I want the student to have to upload their content just like they would in the real world. I want them to have their own web address within our single domain. I only used Apache a little so I am not sure how to best set this up or if it is even possible.

Last year I did not use Apache and just gave each student a folder to save to and did not teach any PHP or mysql.
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 11 Sep '09 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible would be folders or subdomains for the students.

like sudent1.example.com or example.com/student1
The folders are easier to maintain. A solution for the subdomains can be found in the docs
I recommend you a ftp server like filezilla ftp which is easy to configure over a GUI.

If you let your students run PHP on your server you have to configure PHP safe else some student my control your server.

If you still have any question please ask again.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache in a school setting View previous topic :: View next topic