logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: VC6, VC7.1 and VC9
Author
Mitron

PostPosted: Fri 12 Mar '10 18:18    Post subject: VC6, VC7.1 and VC9 Reply with quote

I'm under the assumption that in order to build a stable system, Apache, PHP and MySQL all have to be built using the same VC version. In addition, any other application (i.e. Imagemagick) must also use the same build environment.

If this is indeed the case, it's rather disheartening to see that MySQL and Imagemagick use VC7. This means it's pretty much impossible to use a complete VC6 build if you plan on running MySQL and/or ImageMagick.

The only stable option would be to custom build MySQL and ImageMagick using a VC9 environment and grab the VC9 builds of PHP and Apache. Am I correct in this assumption?
glsmith

PostPosted: Fri 12 Mar '10 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mysql is a separate entity, do not see reason it cannot be anything since it is communicated with through a socket. Imagemagick I am not sure about. PHP loads into Apache as a module so there it does matter. VC6 modules seem to run fine in VC9 Apache, but not the other way around.
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 12 Mar '10 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

MySQL runs alone no matter which version, you can use all. As Gregg wrote. PHP uses named pipes or TCP to connect to MySQL.
ImageMagick depends if you using it as an extension in php or external programm. If you use ImageMagick as an external programm there a no difference in stability using VC6 or VC9 build of apache and / or PHP.

Reply to topic   Topic: VC6, VC7.1 and VC9 View previous topic :: View next topic