logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache2 and swf playback
Author
mtanzer

PostPosted: Fri 12 May '06 20:17    Post subject: Apache2 and swf playback Reply with quote

Hi,

I have another newbie question. I am having problems with swf play back on apache2 on localhost:8080. The swf just hangs when loaded. I have tried on IIS with no problems as well as on my domain's server. It seems as though apache is not properly configured, but 'application/x-shockwave-flash' is in the mime.type file. Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks,

Mark
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 12 May '06 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which os have you installed? browser? How does your html code look like?
mtanzer

PostPosted: Sun 14 May '06 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The html is fine since it works on IIS, and on my domain. Browser is IE 6.0.29 and OS is XP Pro (SP2). At this point I have abandoned developing using Apache since I have been experiencing too many unexpected problems. However, I would like to get to the bottom of this eventually so any recommendations would be welcome.

Mark
James Blond

PostPosted: Sun 14 May '06 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked for the HTML code. do you use ActiveX? Try only the embed
I never have heard off that phenomen. Well maybe it is caused by the Port 8080? I'm not sure. The main question for me is,how can I reproduce the error.

e.g.
Code:

<embed src="nibbles.swf" quality="high" scale="exactfit" menu="false"
           bgcolor="#000000" width="600" height="400" swLiveConnect="false"
           type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
           pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash">
    </embed>
complexnumber

PostPosted: Sun 28 May '06 7:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem it's really weird because it was running fine until today, I recently formatted my HD and installed a fresh copy of XP and had the same problem on my previous installation.

I think I haven't installed any software just before it broke but not 100% sure, at first I thought it was my anti-virus software but its not, of course I'm completly sure it has nothing to do with how I'm embedding the SWF files into the html since it works just fine online, and its the way I've been doing it for years.

I'll try to trace down the problem and let you know.
emjay

PostPosted: Sat 03 Jun '06 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cool thing is that apache dont have to do anything with flash...
It servers flashs like any other file.
Perhaps you need to enter

AddType application/shockwave-flash .swf

but i guess i standard httpd.conf its already done.

The problem is windows for sure.
BTW have you tried opening the site with the swf from other pc???

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache2 and swf playback View previous topic :: View next topic