logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: real basic install problem with win 7 and apache 2.2.14
Author
maxelcat

PostPosted: Wed 17 Feb '10 14:11    Post subject: real basic install problem with win 7 and apache 2.2.14 Reply with quote

Hi
Am having some problems installing apache 2.2.14 for windows 7 using win32 x86 no_ssl

I get the "it works" and seem to have managed to set the local server to point to c:/web_root

When I use the stop / start from the icons in the "system tray" (if that's the right name - very new to win7 having used xp for years...) all is fine.

However, if i use the short cut from the "start" button on the lhs and do stop, then start I get some error messages.

"only one usage of each socket address is normally permitted : make_sock: could not bind to 0.0.0.0:80 no listening sockets available, shutting down. Unable to open logs"

However, it still appears that the server is running

The only changes I made where
DocumentRoot "C:/web_root"
<Directory "C:/web_root">
ServerName 127.0.0.1:80

I have re-installed apache several times.

It looks like something is wrong, even though its running (or looks like it is...)

What do I need to alter

Many thanks in advance
Edward
glsmith

PostPosted: Wed 17 Feb '10 16:38    Post subject: Re: real basic install problem with win 7 and apache 2.2.14 Reply with quote

maxelcat wrote:
"only one usage of each socket address is normally permitted : make_sock: could not bind to 0.0.0.0:80 no listening sockets available, shutting down. Unable to open logs"

This basically means it is already running. So starting it tries to start a second instance of it, but since only one instance can use the port/ip combo, the second instance will not be able to run.

Win Vista/7 are strange beasts ... you might just have to use "Run As Administrator" when starting/stoping Apache from the Start menu shortcuts.
So try going in through the Start menu, right click on the stop icon and choose Run as Admin. Did Apache stop? Doing same with start now, did Apache start?

Reply to topic   Topic: real basic install problem with win 7 and apache 2.2.14 View previous topic :: View next topic