logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> News & Hangout View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Hi everybody
Author
George Barcia

PostPosted: Sat 17 Apr '10 12:13    Post subject: Hi everybody Reply with quote

Hi everybody. I am new in this forum. I hope that we will share good ideas and information here.
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 17 Apr '10 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome George!
tdonovan

PostPosted: Wed 21 Apr '10 12:46    Post subject: Human? or bot? Reply with quote

Hi George,

Your "Hi everyone..." post only showed up on 7 forums - so I guess that's possible if you had a sudden interest in joining forums.

Google shows that your "It is very important to know exactly what to look for when hiring computer service consulting services..." post was made 5,500 times to hundreds of forums within a few days. That just seems improbable for even the most enthusiastic forum-joiner!

It isn't clear what your point is. As an advertisement for computer consulting services, this clearly won't work. You don't ever mention your company name - and you use different personal names on each forum. Spamming might sell watches and hair products, but I don't think anyone will buy computer consulting services or software from a spammer.

Perhaps you are the result of a worm or virus - but still, what's the benefit? I don't get it. If your intent was malicious, short posts full of trendy computer terminology are not malicious enough to be worth the effort.

By your third post, it becomes apparent that you are not a native English speaker. "Project management software adaptable to any number of projects or any size work team. " is not a grammatically correct sentence. That pretty much rules out advertising. Maybe you are an automated text generator? Word generators based on the Markov Chain algorithm often generate phrases like this. They look like correct English until you examine them closely.

In any case, you are an interesting and puzzling addition to Apache Lounge and hundreds of other forums. If you (or anyone else) knows what the purpose of these posts is, I would be curious to know the answer.

Thanks for your time (or for your cpu cycles if you are a robot) George.

-tom-
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 21 Apr '10 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Thanks for your time (or for your cpu cycles if you are a robot) George.

Tom you are very funny!

Reply to topic   Topic: Hi everybody View previous topic :: View next topic