logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Is it possible to run Apache x64 and PHP x86?
Author
Matthias_WB

PostPosted: Sat 01 May '10 12:05    Post subject: Is it possible to run Apache x64 and PHP x86? Reply with quote

Hello community,

Iam new here, and I have a simple question:

Is it possible to run Apache 64bit and PHP 5.2.x (32bit) as Apache Module (mod_php)?? For PHP 5.2.x (32bit) that are more extensions present as for PHP (64bit).

When it is unpossible to mix apache 64bit with PHP 32bit, is it possible to run 32bit and 64bit extensions on PHP 64bit? Or must extension under PHP 64bit also only 64bit?

Best regards from Germany
Matthias
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 01 May '10 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matthias,
you can't mix 64 bit with 32 bit. If you realy need to run PHP 32 bit cause of the number of extension you can run it over fcgid with 64 bit apache. That is mostly like running php as module, but separated to apache. With fcgid you are also able to run different versions of php per directory or vhost.

P.S.: Beste Grüße aus dem Norden!
Matthias_WB

PostPosted: Sun 09 May '10 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello James_Bond,

although you come from Germany, I write here more diligent in English, so that others also have something like this. Cool Laughing

But now to a other question for this topic.
When I use fcgid for connecting PHP5.3.x (x86) and Apache 2.2.x (x64), can I use persistent database-conncetions? My data-storage-system is oracle and it need very more time to connect and authentification by OCI-Client (in php_oci8.dll).

At the moment, my intranet-web-application run under apache 2.2.x (x86) with php5.3.x (x86) as modul. All database-query goes throgh one persistent database-link.

Best regards
Matthias
James Blond

PostPosted: Sun 09 May '10 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

With fcgid you can use persistent connection to the database, if the fcgi process lives long enough and is set to serve many requests.
I have no oracle, but with mysql_pconnect it worked for me.
Maybe you'll have to set PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN

I think the best idea is to setup the x64 apache listen on a different port and test it.

Reply to topic   Topic: Is it possible to run Apache x64 and PHP x86? View previous topic :: View next topic