logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: php-5.3.0RC3-dev-Win64
Author
Lester Caine

PostPosted: Mon 08 Jun '09 8:44    Post subject: php-5.3.0RC3-dev-Win64 Reply with quote

I've put up a copy of what I currently have working on my Vista64 box

http://lsces.org.uk/PHP/php-5.3.0RC3-dev-Win64.zip

My own aim for this exercise was to be able to use Firebird with PHP5.3 something which is being blocked by the PHP Windows team for some spurious reason which this build disproves ( I've not had to rebuild the Firebird Client Library with VC9, I just use the VC8-x64 one supplied with the Win64 - Firebird distribution ). Because of that I've moved the MySQL specific stuff currently included by default back to shared libraries, so you will need to enable them if you want MySQL.

The snapshot.txt file in the main directory lists all of the bits currently included and the shared libs. Some of the libraries have been copied from the Blackdot apache distribution and so we need to tidy that up at some point.

MSSQL and Oracle are missing if someone can supply the x64 libraries needed I'm happy to add them to the build. eaccelerator from the latest code is here, but not compiling. I had hoped to sort that before publishing, but the 5.2 to 5.3 changes need more work to get it to build.

Next target is the PECL packages, and ImageMagick is the one I need going forward! So if you have any x64 bits that can help please forward them. http://lsces.co.uk/wiki/index.php?page=Contact
Pierre

PostPosted: Wed 10 Jun '09 10:11    Post subject: Re: php-5.3.0RC3-dev-Win64 Reply with quote

We do provide x64 snapshots already with almost all extensions available.

Lester Caine wrote:

My own aim for this exercise was to be able to use Firebird with PHP5.3 something which is being blocked by the PHP Windows team for some spurious reason which this build disproves ( I've not had to rebuild the Firebird Client Library with VC9, I just use the VC8-x64 one supplied with the Win64 - Firebird distribution ).

It is nice to play with the build as an exercise, to FUD in all possible channels is not really a good thing.

Lester Caine wrote:

Because of that I've moved the MySQL specific stuff currently included by default back to shared libraries, so you will need to enable them if you want MySQL.

Bad idea.

Lester Caine wrote:

The snapshot.txt file in the main directory lists all of the bits currently included and the shared libs. Some of the libraries have been copied from the Blackdot apache distribution and so we need to tidy that up at some point.

I think you really need to read again the explanations I gave you about the CRT.

Lester Caine wrote:

MSSQL and Oracle are missing if someone can supply the x64 libraries needed I'm happy to add them to the build.

MSSql cannot be used with VC9, the SDK the mssql extensions rely on is not compatible anymore. Oracle will present in the x64 snapshots or the next 5.3 RC.
Lester Caine

PostPosted: Wed 10 Jun '09 14:12    Post subject: Re: php-5.3.0RC3-dev-Win64 Reply with quote

Pierre wrote:
We do provide x64 snapshots already with almost all extensions available.

Lester Caine wrote:

My own aim for this exercise was to be able to use Firebird with PHP5.3 something which is being blocked by the PHP Windows team for some spurious reason which this build disproves ( I've not had to rebuild the Firebird Client Library with VC9, I just use the VC8-x64 one supplied with the Win64 - Firebird distribution ).

It is nice to play with the build as an exercise, to FUD in all possible channels is not really a good thing.

The current x64 snapshots do not include Apache either. Since this site is the only place Apache64 builds are available, this is the right place to be playing with that?
And I now have a perfectly functional Apache/PHP/Firebird install on Vista64 - something that I can not do with the builds from PHP!
Pierre wrote:

Lester Caine wrote:

Because of that I've moved the MySQL specific stuff currently included by default back to shared libraries, so you will need to enable them if you want MySQL.

Bad idea.

WHY - if PHP will not run without MySQL installed then it is a bug that needs fixing. This is a discussion that has been had before, and just because some people think that MySQL is essential is no reason for it to not to be removable from the core. Certainly Linux builds will be made without MySQL!
Pierre wrote:

Lester Caine wrote:

I think you really need to read again the explanations I gave you about the CRT.

There are a number of people who agree with me that the way that the windows builds are being managed on windows.php.net is simply wrong, and so if the only way I can get the builds that I want is to do it myself then I will do that, and the number of downloads of this build would suggest that there are other people in the same boat as me. The build I am doing ignores your demands for VC9 builds and still passes all the tests. So I'm now happy that I have a working system - but I still can't deploy it because other key libraries still need converting to PHP5.3 Sad
Pierre wrote:

Lester Caine wrote:

MSSQL and Oracle are missing if someone can supply the x64 libraries needed I'm happy to add them to the build.

MSSql cannot be used with VC9, the SDK the mssql extensions rely on is not compatible anymore. Oracle will present in the x64 snapshots or the next 5.3 RC.

There are other libraries that need sorting which are currently working with PHP5.2, but need to be available in 5.3 and that is the main reason that I am now running a dedicated machine to support this. I'm happy to add other PHP and PECL stuff to the setup here if people supply the necessary bits.
Pierre

PostPosted: Wed 10 Jun '09 16:49    Post subject: Re: php-5.3.0RC3-dev-Win64 Reply with quote

[quote="Lester Caine"][quote="Pierre"]We do provide x64 snapshots already with almost all extensions available.

Lester Caine wrote:

The current x64 snapshots do not include Apache either. Since this site is the only place Apache64 builds are available, this is the right place to be playing with that?
And I now have a perfectly functional Apache/PHP/Firebird install on Vista64 - something that I can not do with the builds from PHP!

Because apache and apachelounge (which uses VC9) do not have or support x64 yet. We don't want to have to build our own apache. But we are in discussions with the apache win team as well.

Lester Caine wrote:

There are a number of people who agree with me that the way that the windows builds are being managed on windows.php.net is simply wrong, and so if the only way I can get the builds that I want is to do it myself then I will do that, and the number of downloads of this build would suggest that there are other people in the same boat as me. The build I am doing ignores your demands for VC9 builds and still passes all the tests. So I'm now happy that I have a working system -

Wait, you are saying that what we do is wrong because you guys did not manage to actually get the work done in time? Even if I was asking that since almost a year now? Blame yourself for your lack of motivation, but don't blame us for not doing your work.

If you succeed to solve the issue and prove that you have a viable solution, we may reconsider the firebird inclusion, in 5.3.1. But you missed the 5.3.0 train, sorry.

Lester Caine wrote:

but I still can't deploy it because other key libraries still need converting to PHP5.3 Sad

For example?

Lester Caine wrote:

There are other libraries that need sorting which are currently working with PHP5.2, but need to be available in 5.3 and that is the main reason that I am now running a dedicated machine to support this. I'm happy to add other PHP and PECL stuff to the setup here if people supply the necessary bits.

Yet another proof that you do not even read the relevant mailing list.
Lester Caine

PostPosted: Wed 10 Jun '09 17:28    Post subject: Re: php-5.3.0RC3-dev-Win64 Reply with quote

Pierre wrote:

Lester Caine wrote:

but I still can't deploy it because other key libraries still need converting to PHP5.3 Sad

For example?

You know the two I'm looking into currently

ImageMagick - no problem with a x86 build using the existing import library, but there is no x64 build and it can't be built on VSExpress. Express does not have the libraries to build visual applications, or at least that is what I am being told.

eaccelerator.
Much of the code in CVS has been updated to take account of PHP5.3 changes, but It will not compile currently on my setup Sad

We also need to update PHPEclipse to cater for new features in 5.3 but that is another matter, and just somewhere else I could be spending time. I decided that since I had this x64 box I may as well take advantage of it and so being able to deploy a FWAP64 setup is something positive.
ricardok1

PostPosted: Sun 17 Oct '10 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Have you tested any opcode cache (eac, apc, xcache) or memcache? x64 VC9?

Thanks,
Ricardo

Reply to topic   Topic: php-5.3.0RC3-dev-Win64 View previous topic :: View next topic