logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: mod_xsendfile: win32 network shares?
Author
hallow

PostPosted: Thu 27 Sep '07 17:42    Post subject: mod_xsendfile: win32 network shares? Reply with quote

I'm attempting to use mod_xsendfile on windows (XP SP2), using Apache
2.2.4. I need it to send files off of a network share.

I've configure apache to allow access to the share -- the apache
service is logging in with an account that allows access. To test this, I've setup apache to map the UNC to an alias, and allow access from the browser. This works just fine.

I've also verified the mod_xsendfile is installed and working for files on the local disk drive.

I've tried sending x-sendfile arguments like //server/path/file, and
\\server\path\file. Either way, the browser returns a "You don't have
permission to access index.php on this server." I've also tried
mapping the UNC to a local drive letter, but with the same results.

I see entries like this in my error.log:
[Thu Sep 27 11:17:37 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (70008)Partial
results are valid but processing is incomplete: xsendfile: unable to
stat file: //server/path/blah.txt

Any assistance you could provide would be much appreciated.
hallow

PostPosted: Thu 27 Sep '07 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried upgrading to apache lounge 2.2.5, and mod_xsendfile .10 beta - no change, it still gives me permission denied when trying to access UNC's, with this in the log:

(70008)Partial results are valid but processing is incomplete: xsendfile: unable to stat file: //server/path/file

Meanwhile, aliases pointing to the unc path work just fine.
daibach

PostPosted: Tue 09 Aug '11 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi hallow or whoever might stumble upon this post with the same problem.

This is an error with the way Apache checks permissions for a file. Under certain conditions (complex Active Directory and some other situations) it'll not get the full set back and return the "70008 Partial Results" message.

Since you're accessing a UNC you'll obviously need to interact with AD permissions. One solution would be to remove all AD users / groups from the permissions for accessing the files, but that's no good to you for a UNC path.

The only solution on offer is to recompile the module with a patch to just check the file is there and not for permissions. Someone has already done this and it's linked off the bug entry for this problem.

https://github.com/nmaier/mod_xsendfile/issues/8
Steffen

PostPosted: Tue 09 Aug '11 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated mod_xsendfile to the latest 1.0 and included the fix at https://github.com/nmaier/mod_xsendfile/issues/8

Thanks for pointing us,

Steffen

Reply to topic   Topic: mod_xsendfile: win32 network shares? View previous topic :: View next topic