logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache is stopping LAN traffic
Author
cuz32

PostPosted: Tue 05 Apr '11 9:14    Post subject: Apache is stopping LAN traffic Reply with quote

My server was running fine for a long time then I'm not sure what happened. About five minutes after I start the server I lose internet access on all computers on the network. Even local file sharing seems to stop. I have tried erasing Xampp and reinstalling everything with no luck.

My best guess is that its a router setting, but I have the server computer set to a specific LAN ip with port 80 forwarded to that IP.

Any help would be appreciated.
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 08 Apr '11 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think that this is apache related and not to your OS, since you loose the internet connection on all your computers in LAN.
cuz32

PostPosted: Sat 09 Apr '11 4:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be, I can't really rule anything out. Since I have had this problem I have replaced my hard drive and put in a 64 bit copy of windows 7. I also replaced Xampp with a fresh copy. When I get a chance I am going to try a different router.
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 09 Apr '11 9:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you have some more computers. Did you tried a different computer?
cuz32

PostPosted: Wed 13 Apr '11 3:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it on my notebook and so far its working correctly. I won't know for sure until tomorrow. The only difference between them is that my notebook is running windows 7 home premium 64 while my regular computer is using windows ultimate 64. Ultimate does run a program called branch cache that is causing problems for people but I blocked it in the firewall and nothing seems to be listening on port 80.
cuz32

PostPosted: Wed 13 Apr '11 4:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

My notebook is actually doing the same thing. Just took a little while longer. I also tried replacing my netgear router with a linksys e3000. After about 20 mins of starting the server all network activity stops. If you run trouble shooter on any of the computers they report that "The DNS Server isn't responding". At this point I have pretty much replaced everything in the equation so I'm not to sure where to try for answers now.
cuz32

PostPosted: Thu 14 Apr '11 2:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems I have solved the problem by installing a older version of xampp.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 14 Apr '11 10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

From which version did you downgraded to which version?
somnang

PostPosted: Thu 14 Apr '11 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a hint. Check your Apache or/and ModSecurity log. I have experience something close to this when I had DHCP enabled for shared network. When a friend of mine connect his computer to my network, with his not so secured computer hooked up, I lost internet and my network as well. I was so curious as to what cause this. I looked at the log and there it was.
cuz32

PostPosted: Wed 20 Apr '11 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed xampp 1.7.3 I think there is only 1 version newer then that which is what I had before, pretty sure anyway.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache is stopping LAN traffic View previous topic :: View next topic