logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: A word about php_imagick.dll
Author
Mitron

PostPosted: Sat 21 May '11 17:11    Post subject: A word about php_imagick.dll Reply with quote

I ran into an issue with Imagemagick a while back so I thought I'd share my findings.

The latest version of Imagemagick, from their website, is now compiled using Visual Studio 2010. This means that if you use the latest binaries from their site, you won't be able to use php_imagick.dll unless you compile Apache and PHP with imagick using Visual Studio 2010.

My solution was to either find an older version of Imagemagick binaries that was compiled using VC9 or compiling the latest Imagemagick source using VC9. The latter is the preferred method, but for those of you who know nothing about Visual Studio, you can pick up Imagemagick-6.6.2-10-Q16-windows-dll.exe from here, which seems to be the last VC9 release.

Once you install a VC9 compiled version of Imagemagick, you can then download Mikko's VC9 build of php_imagick.dll that matches your system, i.e. php_imagick_ts.dll for Thread Safe or php_imagick_nts.dll for Non-Thread Safe. Mikko's site is here.

Now simply copy your extension to your PHP ext folder, edit your php.ini file and restart Apache. Be aware that this does require that you are also running the VC9 compiled versions of Apache and PHP. Hope this helps. Smile
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 21 May '11 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this link. it's pretty useful.

Reply to topic   Topic: A word about php_imagick.dll View previous topic :: View next topic