logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.17 - PHP 5.3.6 - Windows 2003 php_oci8.dll fails
Author
dereference

PostPosted: Thu 21 Apr '11 21:17    Post subject: Apache 2.2.17 - PHP 5.3.6 - Windows 2003 php_oci8.dll fails Reply with quote

Hi,

Just wanted to ask if anyone has had a problem with oci_8 extensions from the php.net PHP 5.3.6 build?

I successfully installed Apache 2.2.17 from apachelounge and PHP 5.3.6 from php.net and httpd process can be started and ran, if the php_oci8.dll or php_oci8_11g.dll extensions are commented out.

I had likewise installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 redistributable package and had installed the latest MS Installer. I am using PHP as an apache module.

Once I include the php_oci8*.dll extensions, the windows service won't start
with system error "The Apache2.2 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 6 time(s)."

Upon using the PHP msi installer, it also fails with the following:

"Product: PHP 5.3.6 -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action configApache script error -2146827859, Microsoft VBScript runtime error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject' Line 42, Column 5, "

Please kindly let me know if you have an idea or if you can point me to the right direction.

Thanks so much

Joby
dereference

PostPosted: Fri 22 Apr '11 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Found the problem of the PHP 5.3.6 installer failing on windows 2003 R2 server. It was the result of scrrun.dll not being registered. After registering this, the .msi installer ran okay and I was able to install PHP 5.3.6 (apache module) with ApacheLounge Apache 2.2.17 binary dist.

Thanks much

Joby
alenyashka

PostPosted: Wed 25 May '11 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have the same problem as describe in first message. I have already install Oracle Instant Client and add it to the PATH. When I comment out php_oci8_11g.dll in php.ini Apache run ok, if not apache couldn't start.

dereference, you wrote that scrrun.dll not being registered. Where it is and how can I check is it registred or not. And if it is not registered how can I registered it?

Thanks in advance,
Alexander

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.17 - PHP 5.3.6 - Windows 2003 php_oci8.dll fails View previous topic :: View next topic