logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Automated Logs Monitor & Alerter
Author
ArtM

PostPosted: Mon 01 May '06 9:16    Post subject: Automated Logs Monitor & Alerter Reply with quote

Being the increasingly lazy & time challenged sort, I wonder if there is a program or script that will automatically read (maybe for a specific date span, or Today) main & multiple Virtual Host logs (how about other logs - like Mod_security, PHP errors, Mysql errors, FTP logs, etc.) looking for errors / anomalies, highlighting them to me somehow (e-mail, short list, ?) so I dont have to wade through the whole bunch every day!!
Jorge

PostPosted: Mon 01 May '06 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWstats will anelize regular logs...
It will list all 404 request and so fort in a table, not sure that is what you are looking for though
ArtM

PostPosted: Tue 02 May '06 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not up to speed on Awestats - but think its more meant to analyze logs en masse perhaps on a monthly basis.

I'd really like something that would pick up logs via net - ideally, while Apache is running(!) - and identify errors & security issues for further review on a once per day or random basis.
Jorge

PostPosted: Wed 03 May '06 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you'll have to write one yourself then.
Shouln't be to hard to lets say pass all mesage of error or higher on via e-mail at the end of the day
ArtM

PostPosted: Tue 30 May '06 10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may not be the complete answer - but it gets at least part way there.

LoFiMo - Log File Monitor from

http://lofimo.anzac.at/

Configurable - cross platform - sound & other alerts.
Have just not figured out how to get it going for multi virtual servers yet.

- Art

Reply to topic   Topic: Automated Logs Monitor & Alerter View previous topic :: View next topic