logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: using mod_auth_sspi.so
Author
devans

PostPosted: Tue 30 May '06 13:56    Post subject: using mod_auth_sspi.so Reply with quote

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help with getting mod_auth_sspi.so working...
Using win2k3, apache 2.0.53, php5.1.1.

As I understand it, it should be possible using this module to resolve the $SERVER_['LOGON_USER'] in PHP? I know this works with IIS, but I would like to continue using apache, if possible, for our intranet.

I've added the following to the httpd.conf file:
Code:

LoadModule sspi_auth_module modules/mod_auth_sspi.so
# Configuration for mod_auth_sspi
<IfModule mod_auth_sspi.c>
    <Location "C:\test">
   AllowOverride None
       Options None
      Order allow,deny
       Allow from all
       AuthName "Login using your DOMAIN username and password"
       AuthType SSPI
       SSPIAuth On
       SSPIAuthoritative On
       SSPIOfferBasic On
   SSPIBasicPreferred On
       require valid-user
    </Location>
</IfModule>
# End of mod_auth_sspi

Apache starts fine, but I don't see anything in phpinfo() with the username in it (using IE). It does, however, show...
_SERVER["SERVER_SIGNATURE"] <address>Apache/2.0.53 (Win32) PHP/5.1.1 mod_auth_sspi/1.0.2 Server at server.com Port 80</address>
...which makes me think it's at least loading properly.

My googling is starting to go in circles, any help/tips/pointers would be GREATLY appreciated!

daniel
tmontgomery

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jun '08 1:19    Post subject: mod_auth_sspi help Reply with quote

Hello,

I have more questions to pose. I am trying to get this mod working with Apache 2.2.8 for Windows.

Does this mod allow Authentication against local Windows accounts? If so, has anyone gotten it to work succesfully. If so, can you provide the httpd.conf, specifically the "Load Module" lines and the "Directory" lines.

So far, I have only gotten when following message when I type the credentials of a local Windows account:
Authorization Required
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

I know that I am not mistyping the credentials, so I am posting here for more input. Thanks.
Brian

PostPosted: Sat 21 Jan '12 5:06    Post subject: Reviving this old thread Reply with quote

Using mod_auth_sspi in a Win 2k8 environment SSO is working properly with IE, and with other browsers basic authentication being offered is also working properly.

Q: Is it possible for users to be able to log off, allowing another user to log on?

As with SharePoint, for example, a user can log off and then SP security is easily configured to another user can authenticate...that is the sort of scenario I am looking to satisfy.

My configuration is maintained in .htaccess:
Code:
AuthName "Name of site"
AuthType SSPI
SSPIAuth On
SSPIAuthoritative Off
SSPIDomain MyDomain
SSPIOfferBasic On
SSPIOmitDomain Off
SSPIUsernameCase lower
Require group "MyDomain\domain users"

Thanks.

--
Brian

Reply to topic   Topic: using mod_auth_sspi.so View previous topic :: View next topic