logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Internet explorer 10 (Windows 8 Custom. Prevw.) digest auth
Author
hankman

PostPosted: Tue 06 Mar '12 13:53    Post subject: Internet explorer 10 (Windows 8 Custom. Prevw.) digest auth Reply with quote

Hi,
I installed Windows 8 Customer Preview.
This windows version comes with internet explorer 10.

I tried to login at several apache servers (2.2.21 and 2.4.1) both with Digest Authentication. But the given credentials are not accepted and disallows to login.

The Apache response headers show: HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required.

Running ie 10 in browser mode: ie9 gives the same results. It seems that IE 10 can't handle digest authentication.
I guess nobody has any experience with IE 10 yet, but there might be some handy suggestions.

I also did send this feedback to Microsoft (Microsoft Connect IE feedback program).

Reply to topic   Topic: Internet explorer 10 (Windows 8 Custom. Prevw.) digest auth View previous topic :: View next topic