logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Installing Apache 2.4 on Windows 7 as a service
Author
mf_kelly*pacbell.net

PostPosted: Fri 25 Sep '15 19:48    Post subject: Installing Apache 2.4 on Windows 7 as a service Reply with quote

I am installing Apache 2.4 on Windows 7 as a service with the following command line and I get the following error response:

c:\>c:\apache24\bin\httpd.exe -k install
Installing the 'Apache2.4' service
(OS 5)Access is denied. : AH00369: Failed to open the Windows service manager,
perhaps you forgot to log in as Adminstrator?

I am logged in as "user" which is in the Administrator group. What else do I need to do?
roysitumorang

PostPosted: Fri 25 Sep '15 20:24    Post subject: Re: Installing Apache 2.4 on Windows 7 as a service Reply with quote

Make sure you right click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
mf_kelly*pacbell.net

PostPosted: Sun 27 Sep '15 20:38    Post subject: I am installing Apache 2.4 on Windows 7 as a service Reply with quote

That works. Thank you very much!

Reply to topic   Topic: Installing Apache 2.4 on Windows 7 as a service View previous topic :: View next topic