logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Php_win32service.dll for win32 on WAMP won't work
Author
TRD

PostPosted: Tue 07 Aug '12 12:55    Post subject: Php_win32service.dll for win32 on WAMP won't work Reply with quote

Great work around here guys! However, I am in need of the win32 version of win32service.dll and I can't find it anywhere...

Can someone compile it or can I find it somewhere else on this forum?

Last edited by TRD on Thu 09 Aug '12 10:04; edited 1 time in total
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue 07 Aug '12 13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the the Downloads/Additional page there is php_win32service-0.1.0-php-5.4-win32.zip

Note: Download removed, AL not supporting anymore PHP extensions.

Last edited by admin on Fri 10 Aug '12 13:27; edited 2 times in total
TRD

PostPosted: Tue 07 Aug '12 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing that one out, but it isn't working for me. I got the 5.4.3 PHP version and it gives me errors after restarting the server (after adding line in php.ini). The warning is:

PHP Startup: unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.4.3/ext/php_win32service.dll" - The specified module could not be found.

I am also using apache 2.2.22, maybe that could be a problem. Hope someone can help me with this...

Edit: When I add the "extension=php_win32service.dll" line to php.ini I get an error ("The Win32Service is only available when using the CLI SAPI" and "Unable to start win32service module") and apache won't start. I can however see via CLI that the win32service is installed in that way. When I use the ";extension=php_win32service.dll" line I can start WAMP with ease, but I can't reach it via SLI. What is the problem?

FYI: I don't have apache 2.4.2, mod_fcgid-2.3.7 or VS ++ installed. My php version is TS (thread safe) and VC9.
TRD

PostPosted: Fri 10 Aug '12 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump*
Steffen

PostPosted: Fri 10 Aug '12 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping does not help, mostly the result is that the post is ignored.

"The Win32Service is only available when using the CLI SAPI"

That says all.

Steffen
TRD

PostPosted: Mon 13 Aug '12 11:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that part about Win32service only being available when using CLI SAPi, but I don't understand how I can use Win32Service than? How do I run Apache AND enable Win32Service?
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 13 Aug '12 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Steffen wanted to tell you is that this module runs only on the command line! No chance running this with apache as module! IN fact you can't.
If I would have to do that via apache I'd do it the following. Use the default php.ini for apache as module. Copy that php.ini and rename the copy to php-cli.ini. In that new file enable the Win32Service extension.
In your php script which you want to run from apache use exec() to run the script which shall use Win32Service extension and specify the php-cli.ini

e.g.
Code:

exec("C:/fullpathto/php.exe -c C:/fullpathto/php-cli.ini Win32Service.php");
TRD

PostPosted: Mon 13 Aug '12 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer James Blond. According to your code, win32service.php would be something like the code from zx9: http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=4702 ?

What alternative do I have? I run my scripts via command line, but I need phpmyadmin to view somethings...so I would need Apache, right?

Besides, how should I run your code (.php)? Via command line or just in the browser?

Thanks in advance. I must say their is little information regarding Win32Service when your kind of a beginner when it comes to PHP/Apache etc.
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 13 Aug '12 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRD wrote:
What alternative do I have?

That is the alternative! The exec is a script that is running in apache! That scripts call another script which uses the needed command line Wink

TRD wrote:
but I need phpmyadmin to view somethings...so I would need Apache, right?

Yes

TRD wrote:

Besides, how should I run your code (.php)? Via command line or just in the browser?

Same answer as above. Yes run it in the browser and that script will run the command line script for you. See it as a subprocess.

TRD wrote:

Thanks in advance. I must say their is little information regarding Win32Service when your kind of a beginner when it comes to PHP/Apache etc.

No problem, we all started somewhen
TRD

PostPosted: Wed 15 Aug '12 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried running the script got the following error:

Warning
PHP Startup: win32service: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20090626
PHP compiled with module API=20100525
These options need to match

When clicking ok I got a blank page. Seems like win32service isn't that easy Sad
Steffen

PostPosted: Wed 15 Aug '12 15:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

API=20090626 is php 5.3
API=20100525 is php 5.4
TRD

PostPosted: Wed 15 Aug '12 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems I need to downgrade my php version (5.4.3)? Or someone compile it to 5.4.x Rolling Eyes (*ahum* Steffen
Razz )

Reply to topic   Topic: Php_win32service.dll for win32 on WAMP won't work View previous topic :: View next topic