logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: "Upgrading" Apache
Author
baazil1

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jun '12 19:57    Post subject: "Upgrading" Apache Reply with quote

I'm on a Windows Server 2008 r2 machine that functions as an internal web server using Apache, PHP and MySQL.

Through some searching, I came across a post that claimed to be successful in "upgrading" Apache from a no_ssl version to the open_ssl version. However, when I attempted the install, it failed, saying another version of the product was already install and that I would have to uninstall it.

I do not wish to uninstall Apache as I do not want to lose any of the configuration settings that I currently have in place.

Is there anyway to "upgrade" my Apache and enable SSL?
glsmith

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jun '12 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me guess, it said that when you typed

httpd -k install

Is this correct?
baazil1

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jun '12 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded httpd-2.2.22-win32-x86-openssl-0.9.8t.msi from apache.org... clicked Run.

Error:
Windows Installer
Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel.
glsmith

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jun '12 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, ok

your best bet would be to just unpack the .msi and move the files manually. That the .msi will not let you upgrade without uninstalling I have never understood, but I have not used a Apache .msi for over 10 years.

However, you are able to uninstall, the .msi from Apache.org will not remove your conf or htdocs folders nor will an install overwrite any existing files in these folders. So uninstall old and the install the new version. It would be best to backup those two folders before doing it just in case!!

Reply to topic   Topic: "Upgrading" Apache View previous topic :: View next topic