logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.4 Form based authentication with ldap as provider
Author
mckanth

PostPosted: Thu 26 Apr '12 19:25    Post subject: Apache 2.4 Form based authentication with ldap as provider Reply with quote

Hi,
I am trying to configure Apache 2.4 with form based authentication which is new in 2.4 and LDAP as provider. I get the login page and once I enter my ldap credentials i get the error

(70023)This function has not been implemented on this platform: AH01277: LDAP: Unable to add rebind cross reference entry. Out of memory?

We are using Active Directory as ldap server.
Can somebody please help me figure out what is wrong.
Are ldap modules not built properly for form based authentication? here is the configuration

<IfModule util_ldap.c>
AuthType form
AuthName Security-Admin
ErrorDocument 401 /authn/login.html
AuthFormProvider ldap
<IfModule mod_authnz_ldap.c>
AuthLDAPURL "ldap server url"
AuthLDAPBindDN "CN details"
AuthLDAPBindPassword "password"
Require valid-user
</IfModule>
</IfModule>
</LocationMatch>

Please help.

Thanks in advance
Chandra
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 23 Jun '12 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

AuthzLDAPAuthoritative should be off for
require valid-user. http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authnz_ldap.html#authzldapauthoritative

use the password without the quotes.
arajashe

PostPosted: Thu 09 Aug '12 12:05    Post subject: Turn LDAP referrals off Reply with quote

Hi,
i ran into the same problem and after a little bit of digging around, i found a solution that worked for me..

I firstly searched about ldap referrals and the options to turn this off in apache..

Turning this off solved the problem for me. it is a directive of the mod_ldap module

Code:
LDAPReferrals Off

I dont fully understand the implications of turning this off but it solved the problem for me and i have so far not seen any ill effects of the same.

honestly not in the frame of mind to research this any further until it caused me some pain...

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.4 Form based authentication with ldap as provider View previous topic :: View next topic