logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2 Uninstall - Windows 7
Author
vinsis

PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep '12 0:25    Post subject: Apache 2.2 Uninstall - Windows 7 Reply with quote

I downloaded and installed the MSI Apache 2.2 version from Apache website only to realize that it had installed it in the regular Program Files folder. I should have created a separate folder on my C: drive.

Anyways - long story short. I tried uninstalling it using the standard Windows - Control Panel and uninstalled the Apache Monitor successfully. I deleted the Apache folder also from the Program Files. However I still see the "It works" page when I go to the browser and hit localhost.

I know that the services are still running, but don't know which ones to stop and then kill. Could someone help me to uninstall it completely so that I can reinstall Apache to another folder.
wm003

PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep '12 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

what if you try to uninstall manually?

net stop apache2.2
apache2\bin\httpd -k uninstall
vinsis

PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep '12 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - I had tried all that. Net Stop, httpd -k etc. nothing had worked.

But then it clicked me today morning that I should clear the browsing history. May be Firefox has offline page available. And I did that - wolla it worked.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2 Uninstall - Windows 7 View previous topic :: View next topic