logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Installing PHP on a MAC
Author
DnvrSysEngr

PostPosted: Mon 10 Dec '12 1:23    Post subject: Installing PHP on a MAC Reply with quote

I know we are mostly Windows folks here, but I have started doing more work on my Mac than my Windows PC lately.

Here is my dilemna:

I am running Mac OSX 10.6.8 with Apache 2.2.22 and PHP 5.4.9. Now, mind you, Apache 2.2.22 and PHP (5.3.x) are pre-installed on the Mac and are turned on with the easy flip of a switch; I successfully upgraded my PHP from 5.3.x to 5.4.9 and all was running well.

With a little bit of tweaking and upgrading (had to get APR 1.4.6 and APR-Util 1.5.1 installed first), I managed to get Apache 2.4.3 installed.

Here is where the problems started. After the upgrade, PHP stopped working; it would not load - saying something about libraries not correct/missing.

I completely removed PHP and attempted to re-install it and now it will not re-install.

Here is what I am using to install and configure PHP 5.4.9 - http://php-osx.liip.ch/ --- worked perfect with default install from Apple.

I even tried to revert back to Apache 2.2.x with no luck.

Any assistance anyone can provide is greatly assisted.

And I thought Mac/Apple was supposed to be easier than Windows? Gotta love install and make with Unix!
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 04 Mar '13 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you install it? compiled and make install? If yes then it is recommend to use make deinstall or make uninstall
DnvrSysEngr

PostPosted: Mon 04 Mar '13 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for chiming in on this. I got this resolved long ago. it was a make issue that caused it. Additionally, I have got a new MAC since then.

Reply to topic   Topic: Installing PHP on a MAC View previous topic :: View next topic