logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Downloads Stop at 124mb
Author
abney317

PostPosted: Mon 03 Dec '12 21:45    Post subject: Downloads Stop at 124mb Reply with quote

I'm still trying to find an actual solution to this issue
http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=23308
Nobody responds over there because the topic was marked as "Solved"

I'd like to figure out why, in Apache 2.4, the downloads stop at exactly 124mb 90% of the time.
I haven't found any file that has any settings reading "124mb" so I'm not sure how I can fix this.
maba

PostPosted: Fri 14 Dec '12 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you done some time measurements. Could it be that you are hitting the 60 second or the 300 second limit?

Or is the behavior identical independent of the actual time?
glsmith

PostPosted: Sat 26 Jan '13 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a way late reply.

I was seeing this problem myself recently but I was seeing 500MB+ files stop at ~80MB. I added EnableSendfile On to my .htaccess file in the directory these files were stored in and they've downloaded complete since.

Note, that EnableSendfile On used to be the default but was changed to Off in Apache 2.3.9. I think that was a wise change, as really only static files benefit from EnableSendfile, the change is just at a cost to large static files it seems.

I'm sure the final size of what downloads varies machine to machine since with EnableSendfile Off, buffers have to be allocated and when there's not enough available unreserved RAM for allocating new buffers large enough to hold the entire file, that's all you get.
abney317

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jan '13 9:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

.htaccess change seemed to do the trick. I'll post back if a file gets stopped again Smile
gijs

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jan '13 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, some people told me they had the same problem when downloading files from my webserver.
I didn't have these problems my self but they reported the same problem, stopping at 124MB.

What did you do to fix it exactly?
You only added EnableSendfile On to the htaccess file?

I've tried this and it slowed down my download speed for those files...
they only do 0.5Mb/s instead of the max of my connection at home which is 2.9Mb/s
abney317

PostPosted: Sat 02 Feb '13 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just downloaded a file and it stopped at 124mb

So... I guess that didn't fix the problem
Back to the drawing board.

Reply to topic   Topic: Downloads Stop at 124mb View previous topic :: View next topic