logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: how best to bypass client cert requirement for localhost?
Author
spiffly

PostPosted: Wed 20 Feb '13 17:08    Post subject: how best to bypass client cert requirement for localhost? Reply with quote

Hi,
I just setup an intranet wiki running apache2.2 on ubuntu 12.04. The server currently requires two-way certificate authentication (i.e. a server cert AND client certs).

In <VirtualHost *:80>, I'm simply doing a:

Redirect permanent / https://<intranetSite>

Everything works dandy, except now that I'd like to find a way to bypass the client cert check for localhost so that I can run some maintenance scripts via cron on the server. Or perhaps it's possible to bypass SSL entirely, just for localhost?

I'm pretty new with apache configuration; any suggestions or hints on how to best accomplish this or get me moving in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 21 Feb '13 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would need a RewriteRule with [R=301,L] to do that, along with a preceding RewriteCond that tests the HTTP_HOST information.
spiffly

PostPosted: Fri 22 Feb '13 9:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James,

I've actually been reading up on RewriteRules thinking that was a good way to handle this, so glad to know I'm on the right track.

Thanks for the tip!

Reply to topic   Topic: how best to bypass client cert requirement for localhost? View previous topic :: View next topic